Gravity Forms

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
jayarr

Gravity Forms

Post by jayarr »

Hi there,

It was brought to my attention today that the Fanboy's Annoyance list is completely blocking embedded forms powered by the Gravity Forms WordPress plugin.

The specific site where this was observed is https://www.androidintel.net/, within the green box in the center of the screen (among other places), but I'd imagine the same sort of thing is happening in lots of other places as well. GF is a pretty popular plugin that's used for legitimate purposes, and as far as I'm aware, it doesn't even natively support auto-pop-ups or any other such annoyances.

Thank you!
intense Verified
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense Verified »

It's about

Code: Select all

##.newsletter-signup:not(html):not(body)
fanboy Verified
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy Verified »

Seems fine to block to be honest, its a newsletter block
archon810
Site Member
Site Member

Post by archon810 »

The whole site's purpose is the newsletter though. This doesn't make much sense to block.
jayarr

Post by jayarr »

archon810 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:54 am The whole site's purpose is the newsletter though. This doesn't make much sense to block.
Right — it's a legitimate and reputable editorial newsletter, and people are coming to the site on their own with the explicit purpose of wanting to sign up.

No pop-ups and nothing at all invasive or unwanted going on. Having the form blocked just strips the core functionality and makes the site confusingly broken for anyone visiting.