EasyList Breaks w/ Password Managers

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
CanadianVice

EasyList Breaks w/ Password Managers

Post by CanadianVice »

Hello,

I have been encountering issues with EasyList and its relationship with extension based password managers. The problem that arises is that EasyList in my Adblock filters causes Flash content (that loads ads before display) to crash the plugin. This happens frequently on sites such as Newgrounds.com (NSFW) or most reliably, on the game Dead Zed 2 on Addictinggames.com (http://www.addictinggames.com/shooting- ... 2-game.jsp).

I have tried different combinations of Adblock and password managers (Mitro and LastPass); the only common denominator is Easylist. If that is disabled, they function properly.
Does anyone have any idea where the issue might be? I would love to use Adblock and LastPass... both are majorly convenient and I'm not really happy parting with one or the other.

I should mention that EasyList has also resulted in Newgrounds freezes in the past, Lastpass not being enabled/installed.

Thank you for any assistance, and my apologies if this is not in the right place.

(I was referred here by the Adblock people)
fanboy Verified
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy Verified »

Have you got a test username / password? (i personally dont use any password managers here..)
Canadianvice

Post by Canadianvice »

I will try those, but I don't believe they worked from last time. The issue is with something being blocked in EasyList.
CanadianVice

Post by CanadianVice »

That's all well, but it doesn't explain the issue that this problem only occurs with flash content that loads ads before starting, such as Dead Zed 2. Newgrounds was simply one other casualty of what seems to be two sides of the same coin.
CanadianVice

Post by CanadianVice »

Unfortunately, this problem persists. It stops when EasyList is unsubscribed, suggesting there's an incorrect filter or something else in that list that somehow contributes to breaking these websites.
gorhill Verified
uBlock Origin Author
uBlock Origin Author

Post by gorhill Verified »

CanadianVice wrote:Unfortunately, this problem persists. It stops when EasyList is unsubscribed, suggesting there's an incorrect filter or something else in that list that somehow contributes to breaking these websites.
Pretty sure the problem is related to: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issu ... ?id=412786

Summary: A blocked net request expected by a flash plugin + a mutation observer = deadlock. LastPass implements a mutation observer in its code.
CanadianVice

Post by CanadianVice »

gorhill wrote:
CanadianVice wrote:Unfortunately, this problem persists. It stops when EasyList is unsubscribed, suggesting there's an incorrect filter or something else in that list that somehow contributes to breaking these websites.
Pretty sure the problem is related to: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issu ... ?id=412786

Summary: A blocked net request expected by a flash plugin + a mutation observer = deadlock. LastPass implements a mutation observer in its code.
Good and well, but this problem now persists without any password manager installed. It is an issue with something in Easylist, or it seems to be. If you go to Newgrounds.com, this should freeze up most of the flashes, nothing except adblock installed.