Subscribing to EasyList using command line

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
jasmin

Subscribing to EasyList using command line

Post by jasmin »

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is way to subscribe to the filters like EasyList using some command line options. I installed the Adblock plus extension using the -install-global-exntension argument.
Please let me know if I can subscribe to the filters like EasyList using some command line option.
Also if there is any other way to subscribe to the EasyList filter during insalling the Adblock Plus extension.

Thank you in advance!
Jasmin
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

The EasyList is usually offered during the "initial" install as a "suggested" subscription. It is never offered that way again unless ABP is TOTALLY removed and reinstalled.

But adding most subscriptions is as simple as clicking a link that only ABP understands. The links for my 3 subscriptions are at the top of the left column on the EasyList homepage. If you want to see the link's address, simply copy it. That code will work like any other link (as long as ABP is installed):
http://easylist.adblockplus.org
pick one ... 'click' ... done! :)
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

Thanks for the instant reply!
Actually I am trying to add AdblockPlus to firefox and deploy it to different servers.
So I was looking for a command that I could use in my code to subscribe to the EasyList filter.
Please let me know if it is even possible. :D

Thanks,
Jasmin
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

Is there a way to give the name of the subscription to the command line installation of Adblock Plus ?

-Jasmin
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

I don't know. That would be something to be asked at adblockplus.org's forum.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"