Error with Yahoo! Mail [removed]

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
Peuj

Error with Yahoo! Mail [removed]

Post by Peuj »

Hi rick752,

I have an error in the "Error Console" on Yahoo! Mail when i use your filter list:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x805e000a [nsIDOMLocation.replace]" nsresult: "0x805e000a (<unknown>)" location: "JS frame :: http://us.js2.yimg.com/us.js.yimg.com/l ... 9de11_1.js :: anonymous :: line 276" data: no]

I have reset the hit statistics to see which filter is used and it's mail.yahoo.com/dc/fc?l=CSKY,MNW:

I use the latest version of FireFox and AdBlock Plus.

I don't know if you need more information?

Thanks
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Is that filter actually causing some kind of false-positive (that one is a newer addition)
...... or is everything working fine but it's just that you are being shown having a javascript error that is the problem?
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

Hi,

Yes everything seems working fine and I don't see anything wrong on the page . It's just that there is a javascript error because of the filter mail.yahoo.com/dc/fc?l=CSKY,MNW

thanks
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

You'll probably find that it will happen a lot seeing your are blocking the script that the page (or another script) is calling.
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

rick752 wrote:You'll probably find that it will happen a lot seeing your are blocking the script that the page (or another script) is calling.
humm yes of course I see the same error a lot of times when I go on Yahoo!Mail.

My goal was just to report this error to you as I don't know if it was problematic. :)
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Actually I just removed
*mail.yahoo.com/dc/fc?l=*,MNW:*
because I was just informed that it seems to be interfering with sending mail in the beta version.
Peuj

Post by Peuj »

oh ok I use the beta version too but I didn't notice a problem a send problem.

thanks for the replies and your work.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Actually, I didn't notice a send problem either there, but Wladimir (ABP author) says that there is one with that string.

I figured it was safer to remove that string and figure it out later than to leave it there.

Post by Guest »

There is a send problem. Send stays in a loop and never ends. There is also a problem when you try to delete the last item in the in box. It keeps returning. I have turned off Adblock Plus for *.mail.yahoo.com and everything works fine.

Post by Guest »

I don't normally view this forum. Is there any way to be notified if the strings in EasyList are changed to solve the problem so I can remove the block for the entire site? [email protected]
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Anonymous wrote:I don't normally view this forum. Is there any way to be notified if the strings in EasyList are changed to solve the problem so I can remove the block for the entire site? [email protected]
All the notifications are here ... if there is a problem, there is almost always a post on it here with a solution. Sometimes problems are specific to certain regions or configurations. I really can't think of a way to notify people who are unaware that they even have a problem if they aren't affected .... and I'm certainly not going to email one million subscribers! If I had a problem with something, I would first check the developer's site to see if there WAS a problem. How would I know if YOU had a problem unless you told me :wink:

For some reason, though, that Yahoo Beta Mail block did not affect me here.

ps: The strings in the EasyList are added to every few days. The few major known errors are corrected almost instantly as soon as they are brought to my attention. This forum and the Adblock Plus forum are the places where the info is though, so you would have to check.