reporting a false positive [removed]

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.

reporting a false positive [removed]

Post by Guest »

Hi, I noticed that our company website, http://www.gladworks.com, has its images, css and javascript being falsely blocked. Looking through the filters rules, the only one that has hits is "adworks.com". I'm guessing our company website is being matched against that. Thanks for looking into it.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Anonymous wrote:Hi, I noticed that our company website, http://www.gladworks.com, has its images, css and javascript being falsely blocked. Looking through the filters rules, the only one that has hits is "adworks.com". I'm guessing our company website is being matched against that. Thanks for looking into it.
I have removed that string now. I will rewrite it when I see the structure again ... I have logged the false positive. Update the easylist now. Sorry about that :)

ps: A little information for you. You may have a problem with that domain name beyond me. There are other blocking programs (including custom Windows' Hosts files) that have "adworks.com" blocked. These strings may incorporate open-ended wildcards ... so "gladworks.com" would be blocked by them too. :(

It's also strange that you are also an ad company, though I don't see (yet) that you serve internet advertisements ... still a little strange though ... :?
Last edited by rick752 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"

Post by Guest »

Thank you. I appreciate the prompt fix.

Thanks for the info too, but we don't have any intention of ever getting into the ad-serving business.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Anonymous wrote:Thank you. I appreciate the prompt fix.

Thanks for the info too, but we don't have any intention of ever getting into the ad-serving business.
You're welcome :) You shouldn't have any more problems from me now but you may find others having trouble thru other 'blockers'. At least you will know "the why" now if you get any complaints.

*EDIT*
I have isolated the original string and re-added it to the filter. It will NOT block "gladworks".
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"