taboola.com Please add the following to EasyList...

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
jebeld

taboola.com Please add the following to EasyList...

Post by jebeld »

Hi, I am not sure if this is where I'm supposed to suggest additions to EasyList, but one site that seriously needs to be added to the List is http://*.taboola.com/ and https://*.taboola.com/ .
Reason why? We all have seen them. They are quite annoying, intrusive, slow down web experience to a grinding halt on mobile devices, and are just plain embarrassing to see sometimes because they often have little to nothing to do with real-life and yet they still manage to use our locations and other meta-info against us and integrate our city, state, or local residences' names into the ads without consent... Not to mention that these ads are ClickBait-Central for many folks on social media and 'news blog' sites, often redirecting users to malicious links and/or never-ending web scripts that will make anyone go crazy who tries to even think about clicking the back button.

Advertising like this should not be accepted in any way, shape, or form.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Hi,
taboola not serves only ads but also serves first-party recommendations on sites, ads should already removed by hiding filters in EasyList.

add ||taboola.com^ to your custome filters.
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

unfortunately, if he's using acceptable ads, the taboola crap is still there, so in that case he needs
||taboola.com^
jebeld

Post by jebeld »

Why would these be considered "acceptable" ads in the first place is beyond me. Taboola needs to be blocked by default.