||google-analytics.com/analytics.js

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
river

||google-analytics.com/analytics.js

Post by river »

the above filter causes google play store search to stop working
smed79 Verified
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 Verified »

Hi,
No problem here, test on Chromium and Firefox.

can you give more more explanation / how to reproduce?
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
LanikSJ Verified
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ Verified »

I don't see a problem either was able to find an app in Google Play.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
anonsubmitter
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by anonsubmitter »

The search function is being blocked by Peter Lowe's Ad server list. And since his list doesn't do whitelisting since it's not an Adblock filter, but a hosts filter, you have to whitelist it yourself locally by adding this whitelist filter rule:

Code: Select all

@@||google-analytics.com/analytics.js$domain=play.google.com
river

Post by river »

weird, the search works when i disable the analytics filter (from easyprivacy) from 'open blockable items', but i tested it with a clean profile and it works even with the filter enabled. on a hunch i disabled noscript, even though it was set to block nothing and suddenly searching works again with the filter enabled.

so, possibly a compatibility bug with noscript and abp?

not using peter lowe's ad server list btw
gorhill Verified
uBlock Origin Author
uBlock Origin Author

Post by gorhill Verified »

anonsubmitter wrote:The search function is being blocked by Peter Lowe's Ad server list.
Peter Lowe's is enabled by default uBlock Origin and the Play store search feature works fine with "google-analytics.com/analytics.js" being blocked. With which browser does the issue occur?
anonsubmitter
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by anonsubmitter »

I use Firefox, uBlock Origin, NoScript (global script blocking disabled), and Privacy Badger as well as some unrelated add-ons.
Privacy Badger blocks www.google-analytics.com and the search function by default, by the way. So if anyone else here is using Privacy Badger you have to set www.google-analytics.com from the red "blocking mode" (completely block the domain) to the yellow "blocking mode" (block cookies from the domain).
barbaz
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by barbaz »

river wrote:weird, the search works when i disable the analytics filter (from easyprivacy) from 'open blockable items', but i tested it with a clean profile and it works even with the filter enabled. on a hunch i disabled noscript, even though it was set to block nothing and suddenly searching works again with the filter enabled.
This is a known issue with NoScript: https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... =7&t=21277
anonsubmitter wrote:if anyone else here is using Privacy Badger you have to set http://www.google-analytics.com from the red "blocking mode" (completely block the domain) to the yellow "blocking mode" (block cookies from the domain).
(Part of the reason for the need to allow that script to load across the board is that NoScript will intervenes regardless of how the script is blocked.)

----

@Lanik and moderators: please lock this thread and direct further discussion (if any) to the informaction thread, thanks.
LanikSJ Verified
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ Verified »

barbaz wrote:@Lanik and moderators: please lock this thread and direct further discussion (if any) to the informaction thread, thanks.
Done.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."