Quill.com [user]

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.

Quill.com [user]

Post by Guest »

Quill.com is a popular online/mail-order office supply store.

http://www03.quillcorp.com/content/iw/p ... ng_DHP.gif
http://www03.quillcorp.com/content/iw/p ... 62home.gif

are just two of the 8 page elements blocked when i went to http://www.quill.com

using both easylist filters (dated 1 dec 06) on abp
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

You could just whitelist it:

Code: Select all

@@|http://*quillcorp.com/
Read this (I just added it):
http://www.richsterling.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3115
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
Bad Brad

Post by Bad Brad »

I find it easier and more practical to just use a different browser (usually Safari) for online shopping. That way I don't have to fiddle with any configurations.

Also, I *really* don't like the whitelist idea. They add clutter at best and can come back to bite you at worst...
Hint: I do not *routinely* check the mail box of this disposable address!
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Bad Brad wrote:Also, I *really* don't like the whitelist idea. They add clutter at best and can come back to bite you at worst...
I agree, Brad ...
I usually just 'click' ABP off when I'm in 'shopping mode' so I don't accidentally miss anything ... it's the easiest way.
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

I agree with Rick, it's easiest just to temporary disable ABP. I just can't stand using a different browser for very long. I'm not just being a fanboy.. I mean I feel handicapped without Firefox.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

I need my other extensions too y'know.

Gotta have TMP and Mouse Gestures just to navigate correctly. I always feel like an idiot when I 'flick" my mouse left and right to go thru the page history in another browser only to find that I don't have that feature on it :oops:
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

Or viewing pages without ABP or stylish. I use stylish to make poorly designed sites readable, also I don't have to break my scroll wheel to read a couple of paragraphs of a story. There is a ton of things I miss when I have to use another browser....so I just avoid doing it.
Bad Brad

Post by Bad Brad »

Well ... none of those things are problems for me with Safari. But I'm sure not going to convince anyone to switch from Win XP or Linux to Mac OS X (which usually also requires buying a new computer) just to try a different browser, so I won't even try!

Besides, my mouse doesn't have a wheel, or even multiple buttons, anyway.

Also, I use very few extensions in Firefox (9 at the moment, most of them for debugging or security), finding it to be very useful as is.

I am going to have to try Stylish though. It sounds interesting, especially the part about fixing stuff that is hard to read.

In any event, both Firefox and Safari are about equal to me, and both are *way* better than Internet Explorer! (The Mac version of IE hasn't been updated for years now.)
Hint: I do not *routinely* check the mail box of this disposable address!
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

2 Bad Brad, I'd take a look around this site. There is a lot of styles already made. That will give you an idea of what it's about too. Anything you can do with CSS to a site you can do with this extension..or so my understanding goes.
Peng
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Peng »

IceDogg wrote:Anything you can do with CSS to a site you can do with this extension..or so my understanding goes.
Well yeah. Stylish just provides a nice interface to writing CSS for websites (and the browser). You could just use userContent.css and userChrome.css if you wanted to.
Hug Peng
(aka Matt Nordhoff)
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

+ makes it easier for average users to install scripts (others have made, just a simple click on a button) + makes it easy to play around with a site to see what changes what, because it changes the site immediately (in most cases) + you can easily disable certain changes, and on and on. It's more then just just a nice interface. Technically you can do the same without the extension, that's true, but the same can be said for most extensions if you work at it hard enough. :D

Sorry I've gotten so far off topic here. I'll not add more to this in the future, unless it's on topic.
Sheepy
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Sheepy »

It's ok. It's the nature of a forum. =D