Adblock Warning Removal for Italy ?

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
Lucio C

Adblock Warning Removal for Italy ?

Post by Lucio C »

I hope this is the right place to post.
My environment: Adblock Latitude 5.0.8 under Pale Moon 29.4.4.
Filters inherited since an age-old profile: Adblock Warning Removal List; EasyList Italy+EasyList; EasyPrivacy; I don't care about cookies
Since some time I note thar some Italian sites display anti-adblock popups, which are obviously not counteracted by Adblock Warning Removal List.

I would be willing to write my own rules if I'd know how to do. The forum FAQ easy-faq
leads to a page https://forum.adblockplus.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42013 which tells how to access the preference page for the filters (which I knew already of course), but not the syntax and principle of operations of the filters themselves.
Could anybody provide pointers to a suitable tutorial ?
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

You can find the syntax explanation here.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
Lucio C

Post by Lucio C »

Thanks, actually better follow up to https://help.eyeo.com/en/adblockplus/ho ... nt-filters
Managed to remove a group of anti-adblock <divs> with things like this

Code: Select all

###adblock-active
##.ab-title
etc. Should I leave them generic or specify a domain ?
It is not yet clear to me how to disable an anti-adblock popup but I will try that when I encounter one
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Lucio C wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:14 pm Should I leave them generic or specify a domain ?
I would make them site specific. There's less risk to cause false positives on the site it wasn't intended to target. If you find the same elements on multiple sites then a generic filter is warranted IMO.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."