crunchyroll.com

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
alobaili

crunchyroll.com

Post by alobaili »

I've been instructed by AdBlock Support to report this unblocked ad to the list authors. I'm new so please excuse me if I missed a forum rule. I will try my best to provide any information you need. AdBlock Support confirmed they can reproduce the issue in their end.

The website crunchyroll is somehow bypassing AdBlock since a few weeks ago.

Here is an example link containing a video player which will immediately play an ad before playing an episode of BORUTO: NARUTO NEXT GENERATIONS, then play a few others throughout the video:

Code: Select all

https://www.crunchyroll.com/boruto-naruto-next-generations/episode-149-friends-794289
I don't know what trick they're using. Can you please try and update your filters so that it blocks the ads that play inside the video player?

My environment:
- Chrome Version 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- macOS Catalina Version 10.15.4
- AdBlock Version 4.10.0
- manually updated filters to the time of writing this post.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

I cannot reproduce the ads using uBO adblocker.
alobaili

Post by alobaili »

I didn't know about uBO adblocker. But a quick search led me to this https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... hjbkeiagm/

So I disabled AdBlock and enabled uBlock Origin, and the ads still show.

Does uBlock Origin come with EasyList filters out of the box or do I need to add them? and how?

Thanks for any help.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

uBO has already enabled all necessary lists.
You have to do 1 thing after installing it: go into options, "filter lists" tab, click "purge all caches", click "update now"

Then test again.
I'll try again to see if I can reproduce the ads.
alobaili

Post by alobaili »

I just did "purge all caches" then "update now". Still the ads inside the video player occur.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

I tested again firefox / chrome => no video ad on my side. Tried european / US IP
alobaili

Post by alobaili »

If my IP is needed, it's from Saudi Arabia.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

I got a Saudi A. IP (via hola unlocker), still the same: no ad
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Do I need an account ?
alobaili

Post by alobaili »

I'm using a free account (just to keep track of the episodes). It could be the reason. Can you register a free account and test? They offer a free premium trial, so please ignore it if you see it and test with the free account.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Even using an account still nothing. Maybe only after a number of videos the ads kick in.
alobaili

Post by alobaili »

For me I've been seeing a lot of videos. The ads appear 100% of the time (Even after a page refresh). AdBlock support team member was able to see the ads as well, so I don't think the number of videos watched is the reason.

I think it would be helpful if more members of the forums can visit the link and test it.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Make sure you've removed all other adblocking extensions like Adblock as things can start conflicting in your browser.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
triniyee

Post by triniyee »

i was sent here by an adblock admin. adblock hasn't been blocking video ads on crunchyroll. is there a way to fix this?