facciabuco.com

Italian supplemental subscription
oStile10001

facciabuco.com

Post by oStile10001 »

Hello, everybody.

I'm writing this topic because I would like to bypass the antiadblocking script on the domain

https://www.facciabuco.com

I would like to premise that, until a few weeks ago, there was no type of blockade imposed on the domain. The only measure taken was to display, instead of the box dedicated to relevant ads, an invitation to deactivate the adblock in use or add the site domain to the adblock exceptions.

I believe that these additional measures were taken because of me. Sometimes, in fact, I had pointed out that in my case it would be useless deactivate the adblock since, in addition to adblock (in my case uBlock Origin), the rules that I use on my hosts file (I use Dan Pollock's hosts file rules) also block this type of ads.

Ingenuously I also said that I had set custom rules in order to completely hide the ads box so that I didn't even see the message inviting to disable the adblock, sharing the rules on a topic of their forum (then promptly removed by the administrators) :mrgreen:
oStile10001

Post by oStile10001 »

At first I tried to block some elements individually and I was able to block them too.

Despite this, the scrolling of the page is blocked by some CSS styles and I was not able to generate rules to prevent this.

Moreover, most likely, this rules have been added for this purpose on the script

Code: Select all

/js/22.4/fbn_JSengine.js
https://pastebin.com/uaHf1rFC

I was able to find traces of them on lines 32, 80 and 92, but I can't figure out how to block them.

I assume that trying to block the execution of the script, probably would be blocked also several other elements on the page.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

fixed for uBO
https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets ... 1237416e48

for other anti adblocking issues report directly here:
https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets/issues
oStile10001

Post by oStile10001 »

intense wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:15 pm fixed for uBO
https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets ... 1237416e48

for other anti adblocking issues report directly here:
https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uAssets/issues
Thanks for the immediate response, but it seems that the blockage continues to be displayed (although with a definitely lower incidence than before).

Probably there would also be some research between the lines of the script

/js/14.6/fbn_JSengineCore.js
https://pastebin.com/bCgnKUha

I personally couldn't notice anything in particular that might affect the frequency of the blockade's appearance.

Surely it is unusual, at least I think, that going to block the CSS styles from the page analysis console, the #div#dialog element is no longer invoked.

Surely there's something to investigate further.
Last edited by oStile10001 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Are you using only the default settings in uBO ?
Disable any other blocking extension and HOSTS rules.

What italian list are you using ?
browser version ?
uBO version ?
oStile10001

Post by oStile10001 »

intense wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:51 pm Are you using only the default settings in uBO ?
Disable any other blocking extension and HOSTS rules.

What italian list are you using ?
browser version ?
uBO version ?
I use mainly the default uBlock Origin settings and, in addition to the EasyList Italy list, I've also the X-Files list enabled as well.

I use Mozilla Firefox as browser, currently at version 74.0.1 (much more rarely Google Chrome) and, in addition to uBlock Origin (currently at version 1.25.2), I also use the extension DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials.

I tried to disable the DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials extension, the built-in Firefox anti-tracking potection and the X-files list.
I also removed all rules from the hosts file but, unfortunately, the only way to no longer display the block imposed by the website is to disable everything... including uBlock Origin.

I haven't made any further tests, also in view of the fact that I'am starting to seriously consider that it isn't even worth using that website anymore. IMHO, their behaviour is ethically incorrect.
Last edited by oStile10001 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

No issues on my end FF / chrome, using default settings + easylist Italy.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Alternative filters

@@||pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/$script,xhr,domain=facciabuco.com
@@||facciabuco.com^$script,1p
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

I added the second filter in uBO list too, it seems FF needs such filter
oStile10001

Post by oStile10001 »

intense wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:33 pm Alternative filters

@@||pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/$script,xhr,domain=facciabuco.com
@@||facciabuco.com^$script,1p
I was just testing with Google Chrome if I had the same problems. However, I confirm that by adding the alternative filters the block message no longer appears.

I'll try to reactivate the other components to see if there are still problems, thank you for your efforts.
oStile10001

Post by oStile10001 »

Summing Up
As previously stated, alternative filters have proved to be the solution to permanently remove the block on the domain.
To make it work properly, however, I had to disable/remove the following:
  • ABP X-Files list that I was using in addition;
  • Hosts rules from the /etc/hosts file;
  • Built-in Firefox advanced anti-tracking protection (on Google Chrome I had to disable the built-in adblocker for the domain);
  • DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials extension.
By enabling even just one of the above, the action of the applied filters is thwarted.

Conclusion
Those who use only an adblocker (uBO in my case, but probably others will be effective as well) using the EasyList Italy, will be able to bypass the block imposed on the domain.
Those who want to make use of other protection measures, of course, will continue to display the blocker.
As far as I am concerned, it isn't worth doing without additional measures in order to be able to enjoy the contents of the website, which are to be considered extremely restrictive (also considering that most of the contents are provided by the users themselves).
Last edited by oStile10001 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Using uBO you don't need any of those other stuff (hosts rules, builtin FF, duckduck privacy)
oStile10001

Post by oStile10001 »

I guess so. I'm aware that I'm obviously too paranoid.
However, above all, I'm very grateful for your efforts and your quick contribution.
I am pleased that those who want to enjoy the content of the site using uBO, are now able to do so.