Dandelion Sprout's Nordic Filters in Adblock Plus

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
Dandelion Sprout
Nordic & Scandinavian Author

Dandelion Sprout's Nordic Filters in Adblock Plus

Post by Dandelion Sprout »

Greetings, "Dandelion Sprout" here, the maintainer of (Dandelion Sprout's Nordic Filters ), and an adblocking enthusiast in general.

I am curious about what the criteria are for becoming an EasyList-affiliated list, á la what e.g. Latvian List and ABPindo seem to be. You see, I am strongly considering making a formal request to have my list become officially affiliated with EasyList, as it'd give me almost guaranteed inclusion in Adblock Plus, as well as ensuring the automatic creation of a combined version of my list and EasyList, and most likely also a TPL version of my list. And I know that the maintainers of the current Finnish list (which is not to be mistaken for the previous Finnish list of the same in-list name) have set themselves a goal of getting included in ABP as well (See finnish-easylist-addition/issues/13), for which I presume they'd have to become affiliated as well.

For example, are there things that an affiliated list cannot block, or that they are required to block? I presume that the criteria are considerably looser than they are for non-EasyList-native lists, unless I'm wrong.

Likewise, are there any other things that'd be considered to be mandatory? Repo structures, public behaviour, how often a list maintainer would have to check in on the designated EasyList forum section, things like that?
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

I see your list is already listed here:
https://adblockplus.org/en/subscriptions
Dandelion Sprout

That is correct, but it's not one of the choosable filter options inside the ABP extension itself, as far as I can see.

Screenshot
https://images2.imgbox.com/a1/0a/rdSlwXR9_o.png
krystian3w
Site Member
Site Member

Post by krystian3w »

But do not have easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org file for Adblock Plus?
FTP servers to download Firefox & Opera
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

@Dandelion Sprout I've notified one of the authors, waiting for a response.
Dandelion Sprout

One of the authors of ABP, I presume?

It'd be pretty awesome for me to become included in ABP without too much struggle (having already been included in uBO for almost a year), but since the ABP in-extension list appears to me to only include lists that have something to do with EasyList, that was why I presumed I'd have to become affiliated.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

yeah, a dev from the ABP team.

If you have uBo specific filters you know how to separate them from the "normal" ABP filters.
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/ ... directives
Dandelion Sprout

Yes, I do. They are stored in NordicExtensionsForUBO&Nano.txt, out of reach of regular Adblock Plus end-users.