cb.cl (again) [user]

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
frz

cb.cl (again) [user]

Post by frz »

Sorry to bother you again, but....

You currenly include this filter on your list:

Code: Select all

www.cb.cl/*banner
Could you complement that with something like this :roll: :

www.cb.cl/NewCBCL/images/*.swf
and end it with some element hidding:

cb.cl##TD[onclick="VarSession();"]
frz

Post by frz »

Rick:

I found a complementary list to EasyList (http://nauscopio.nireblog.com/), cattering to spanish speaking sites. They added the required filters to block the new ads on cb.cl and the whitespace on df.cl .

Regards, ;-)
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

I went thru that list before, and I do not recommend that list as a supplement to the EasyList. HE might say it is ... but it contains to many general English blocks in it that could cause problems if used together with the EasyList. The user will have to take his chances with that list. I'm not saying it is a bad list ... just not a list I would recommend to use "in harmony" with mine.

I consider a supplemental subscription to the EasyList ONLY if it adds strings that do not duplicate functions of the EasyList. A supplemental language subscription should only contain info that is relative to that country or language .... it should never duplicate many rules of the EasyList or the global EasyPrivacy (especially if those rules are written slightly different). Doing that will cause problems if something needs to be allowed/disallowed in the EasyList or EasyPrivacy that is still being overridden by the supplemental subscription.

If it is a Spanish supplement to the EasyList, it should have rules relative ONLY to Spanish sites. It does not.

These are the ones that I deem good supplement subscriptions to the EasyList:
http://easylist.adblockplus.org
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
frz

Post by frz »

Ok I get it. ;-)

I thought it was "safe" as it's recomended by Wladimir on http://adblockplus.org/en/subscriptions
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Oh, I'm not saying it is not an ok list ... I'm just saying that it is NOT a good EasyList supplement subscription. Users can try them together ... they just have to make sure that they bring any problems to the right author. ;-)

ps: Wladimir just takes submissions ... he really doesn't look those over as it is not his job to. I suppose if someone says they are making a supplement to the EasyList, he will advertise it as such. That is why I made my own list of what I consider 'good' supplements for the EasyList on my own site .... and I'm pretty fussy about who's subscriptions I promote :biggrin:
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"