netzero.net

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
jak7245

netzero.net

Post by jak7245 »

Went through all the diagnostics recommended by AdBlock and found that EasyList and FanBoy both are causing slowdowns in loading e-mail messages in netzero.net and Facebook. Problem especially pronounced in moving from photo to photo in Facebook and loading and then deleting individual e-mail messages.

Am using Google Chrome Version 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit) and AdBlock v. 3.22.1

I can just disable FAnBoy but I know AdBlock uses EasyList to block a lot of ads on a lot of websites and would like to continue using it in AdBlock if the slowdowns can be eliminated.

Thank you so much; I appreciate the time, energy and expertise of all the volunteers who created, update and keep EasyList running.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

What fanboy list are you talking about ?

Then, just try disabling AB and install uBo (ublock origin), test the same sites to see the differences.

Use only 1 blocking extension.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Which list, and how can I test it the issues?
jak7245

Post by jak7245 »

The FanBoy list I'm talking about is the one used/made available in AdBlock.

I eliminated each list individually to find out which one was causing the problem, per AdBock tech support and found the problems reappeared when I added EAsy List and FanBoy back in (separately) each caused the problems to reappear in both e-mail and Facebook.

I know how to disable AdBlock but not where to go to get uBo. And would I then use uBo instead of AdBlock? I don't know what is meant to use only one blocking extension.

I can't identify versions from the AdBlock Options page but both were updated yesterday and still caused the problems yesterday after the updates.

The FanBoy list is identifed on the AdBlock Options page as "FanBoy Annoyances."

Thank you all for your efforts to help me.

Do any of you think that uninstalling and reinstalling AdBlock might work?
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

If you don't want testing what I asked you, go back to AB support.
jak7245

Post by jak7245 »

Dear Intense,

It isn't that I don't want testing; it's that I don't know how to do what you suggest about installing uBo (where to find it in the first pace) and I don't know what you mean about using only one blocking extension. But perhaps I should do as you suggest and go back to AdBlock support or just quit using AdBlock altogether.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

- Install uBo from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... iagm?hl=en
- Don't use AB and uBo together, go into the extensions page and disable AB (right click AB icon, manage extensions, turn it OFF)
- click uBo icon, click last icon on the right (under the big blue button) to go into dashboard, 3rd party filters, enable fanboy's annoyances, update it
- test the sites using uBo
jak7245

Post by jak7245 »

Got it, Intense! Thank you. Your instructions are clear and I understand now what I need to do. Will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again!!
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

If you need help with uBo settings:
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki
jak7245

Post by jak7245 »

Thanks for the additional help with UBo.