My static IP was banned?

General forum information, announcements, news, questions and suggestions.
knight00931
ChinaList Author
ChinaList Author

My static IP was banned?

Post by knight00931 »

Hi all, I found that my EasyList and EasyPrivacy subscription can't update via my satic IP since Apr 16.
(and can't open the EasyList file from browser at http://easylist.adblockplus.org/en/ )

I just switch to dynamic IP, and it works,why?My static IP was banned? :-(

My static IP is 59.126.*.* from Taiwan, and dynamic one is 111.252.*.*
Thanks.
Hubird
Adversity Author
Adversity Author

Post by Hubird »

Code: Select all

I reported the above IP addresses for spamming in the ABP forum, perhaps a blanket ban was imposed also affecting your static IP. :-?
knight00931
ChinaList Author
ChinaList Author

Post by knight00931 »

Hubird wrote:

Code: Select all

I reported the above IP addresses for spamming in the ABP forum, perhaps a blanket ban was imposed also affecting your static IP. :-?
I think so. :-(
These IP are from India and Bangladesh.Not Taiwan.
Wladimir Palant
Adblock Plus Author
Adblock Plus Author

Post by Wladimir Palant »

No, there is no general banning on adblockplus.org - forum and blog spammers are only prevented from sending POST requests, it doesn't affect browsing the website or downloading filters. Either way, your IP address is not on the list. There is also denial-of-service protection but your IP address wasn't banned there either.

I can see your IP address in the logs for easylist.adblockplus.org. As to easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org - there are a few successful connections and many failed (SSL handshake didn't happen). Not sure what the problem is but maybe https://adblockplus.org/en/known-issues#signing4? Or maybe it is something with your internet connection.
knight00931
ChinaList Author
ChinaList Author

Post by knight00931 »

Wladimir Palant wrote:No, there is no general banning on adblockplus.org - forum and blog spammers are only prevented from sending POST requests, it doesn't affect browsing the website or downloading filters. Either way, your IP address is not on the list. There is also denial-of-service protection but your IP address wasn't banned there either.

I can see your IP address in the logs for easylist.adblockplus.org. As to easylist-downloads.adblockplus.org - there are a few successful connections and many failed (SSL handshake didn't happen). Not sure what the problem is but maybe https://adblockplus.org/en/known-issues#signing4? Or maybe it is something with your internet connection.
Ok, I will ask for a new static IP from my ISP tommow. :-)
knight00931
ChinaList Author
ChinaList Author

Post by knight00931 »

It's ok now, thank you all.:)