New Portuguese subforum

General forum information, announcements, news, questions and suggestions.
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

New Portuguese subforum

Post by gotitbro »

So, I just noticed that a new sub-forum for Portuguese filters has been created: viewforum.php?f=109

I thought both Spanish/Portuguese filters were included in "EasyList Spanish". Any reason for creating a new sub-forum for Portuguese: "EasyList Portuguese"? Is this a new supplemental list?

Edit: Sorry for typo in the title. I meant Portuguese. (Please see if it can be fixed @smed79, thanks.)
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Even if Portuguese and Spanish are two sister they still two different language.
Also, "EasyList Portuguese" Is separated from "EasyList Spanish" and has its own repo and i did not find an indication that it is a supplement sub to EL Spanish.

But at the end, it's up to who maintains this list to argument.
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

gotitbro wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:37 pm I thought both Spanish/Portuguese filters were included in "EasyList Spanish". Any reason for creating a new sub-forum for Portuguese: "EasyList Portuguese"? Is this a new supplemental list?
@gotitbro I'll leave this to @MonztA and @diaux to answer as they requested it to begin with.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
diaux
EasyList Spanish Author
EasyList Spanish Author

Post by diaux »

EasyList Spanish does NOT cover Portuguese websites. It has never covered them. There was a lack of a Portuguese filter list, and so therefore we have created one. It is still a work in progress though.
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by gotitbro »

@diaux Oh, I thought it did. es and pt websites probably just use the same ad networks.

@Lanik @mediumkreation I also see that an "Indian List" subforum has been created as well. Any reason for that? I guess this would also be the first country based list.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Code: Select all

I also see that an "Indian List" subforum has been created as well.
As i see it's also added to "Known Adblock Plus subscriptions" page https://adblockplus.org/subscriptions
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

gotitbro wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:59 pm I also see that an "Indian List" subforum has been created as well. Any reason for that? I guess this would also be the first country based list.
The beauty of owning your own website is I don't have to justify things to anyone. :mrgreen:

Nor should the other moderators which are listed in the above post.

As everyone can see new forums got created. Not the first time nor the last. No big deal, move along nothing to see here.

:banana:

Thank you.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."