Clickable rows

General forum information, announcements, news, questions and suggestions.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Clickable rows

Post by LanikSJ »

Everyone,

Since everyone seems to like clickable rows I've updated the mod: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 9&t=753485
Please if you find bugs report them as this was a long mod with lots of files. And if you find any problems let me know I can revert back within 5 mins or less.

Thanks. :)
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Everything seems to be working great, Lanik :D

One question though ... Is there a way to remove the moderators' names from the bottom of each category on the main forum page as to tighten-up those listings? I obviously still want them to be moderators though .. just want to remove that info. It just seems unnecessary.

I've been trying to figure out how I can do that but I am having no luck :(

Do you know how that can be done? What am I missing?
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

rick752 wrote:Do you know how that can be done? What am I missing?
Yes I do and I just removed them all.

ACP > Permissions > Forum Permissions. :)
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Excellent 8)

That looks much cleaner and more compact ,,, wouldn't you say?
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

I actually wondered why those were still there since they are very redundant. I've known how to remove them for quite some time so it took no time at all to do.

And yes I like it much better this way. 8)
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

Ok, I think I have a bug to report on this. I have a direct link to new post that I visit and view mostly just the ones that show up. I click on the box and it takes me to where I left off the last time (in other words what's new in the thread since last visit) but now it's taking me to the first post every time. I don't know for sure if this is just a nightly build thing or if it was created by the new mod. Please, let me know if it's just me so I can do more searching to figure it out. Thanks.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

@IceDogg

You'd have to use a link similar to this one: http://forums.lanik.us/viewtopic.php?f= ... 7515#p7515 this should take you to your post in this thread. Seems to work on my end, anyone else?
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

Lanik, yea that link works fine. But when I click on the box in a list of unread threads it just takes me to the first one. I think the clickable rows is interfering somehow. I do make sure I'm on the box the tip even comes up.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

IceDogg wrote:But when I click on the box in a list of unread threads it just takes me to the first one.
Can you give me the URL of this "unread threads" and tell me which box you're clicking on. Then I can check to see if I messed anything up, if not I'll just revert that page without clickable rows. I have an idea what this "unread threads" link is just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing before I go yanking the mod all together.

And yes I'm also using a nightly build so I can check whatever it is you're seeing.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5pre) Gecko/2008030706 Minefield/3.0b5pre - Build ID: 2008030706
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

If I click on the little icon after the last poster's name, it takes me to the last post. The email notification also takes me to that post too. Not sure if that is what you mean, Dogg ... unless you are using a different function that I don't know about.
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

Lanik wrote:Can you give me the URL of this "unread threads" and tell me which box you're clicking on.
Here is the link: http://forums.lanik.us/search.php?search_id=newposts

It's the little box with the arrow to the left of the title of the thread. Mines orange.ish.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

The icon after "IceDogg" in the "New posts" list takes me to your previous post here just fine. :?:
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

rick752 wrote:The icon after "IceDogg" in the "New posts" list takes me to your previous post here just fine. :?:
Ok, can you give me a link to what your talking about? What I'm talking about isn't by anyone's name. I think was are on different pages here. ;)
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Mouse cursor is pointing to it.
newpost.gif
newpost.gif (7.78 KiB) Viewed 11386 times
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

Thanks Rick, we are talking about different things. That one works correctly for me as well. The one I'm talking about would be the the left of 'Clickable rows' in your screenshot. That one no longer works correctly. There is no box in your screenshot, but if there was new unread post there would be and you could click it and it would take you to the last unread posts..not just the last post like the one in the last post box (you are talking about) does.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Hmmm. Guess I never noticed it before. I really don't use the "latest posts" link.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

@Rick
IceDogg is talking about what I highlighted in the attached image.
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (4.94 KiB) Viewed 9303 times
@IceDogg
I'm not seeing the problem you're describing when I click on that little icon it takes me to a first unread post as it should.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

I just I never paid attention to that. I'll have to look at it when a new post comes in.
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

Lanik wrote:@IceDogg
I'm not seeing the problem you're describing when I click on that little icon it takes me to a first unread post as it should.
Really?? hmm ok. It works fine on APB forums and worked fine here before the mod. I'll do some more checking and post back.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

I just tried it on this post and it took me right here.

Maybe you need to dump the lanik cookie and log back in again, Dogg.
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

Ok, I disabled javascript and it worked correctly. Which I assume means the mod was disabled by disallowing javascript. So it wasn't an extension after all. I don't have NoScript right now. I'll keep doing checking as more post appear. odd
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

That's weird because the mod depends on allowing javascript to function. By disabling js you're killing whatever changes the mod makes I believe.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

I notice that none of "text mod" buttons on the posting box do anything either (bold, italics,etc) with js disabled.

I don't know whether it always has been like this or that I just noticed it now with js disabled.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Those buttons are all js enabled its always been like that in phpbb.
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

Yea, I know that disabling javascript disables that mod.. and then those boxes work. That's why I thought it was the mod that was causing the issue. BTW, Trying stuff out just now. If I middle click (which opens a new tab in the background in Firefox) it works like it's suppose to. Maybe I've got an issue on my end. I will test more. Sorry, I thought this was a legit bug. I'm not so sure now.
Alan Baxter
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Alan Baxter »

Just another data point, since clicking the "latest posts" icon highlighted by Lanik always works properly for me. I've never enabled JavaScript for this site because it seems to work properly without it. Left-click or middle-click, clicking on the icon works fine.
--
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12
adblockplus-0.7.5.3+.2008011108
tab_mix_plus-0.3.6.0.080302
NoScript 1.4.9.5
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

Middle click isn't working after all. The first time I visited (this time) and checked the box it worked correctly. I thought you had fixed it. So every once in a while it works and that's why I thought middle click was working. Course it always works with javascript disabled.

btw, this isn't a bid deal for me I just thought I'd point this out to you. If it's never fixed I can live with it just fine.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

IceDogg wrote:Sorry, I thought this was a legit bug. I'm not so sure now.
No need to be sorry friend, I want to hear feedback, comments, etc. I'm not the only one using this site you know. :)
I could swear to God at some point that I missed something in one of the files, to give everyone an idea how many I'm talking about, there was around 20 to edit some of which have been done earlier. So any feedback is welcome, I went ahead and rechecked everything I don't think I missed anything but we'll see. Keep the comments coming.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

I don't know that this is relevant ... but TabMix Plus has been working a little odd since the last 2 updates (the first one was broken). Mouse-clicking seems to be a bit erratic at times.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Interesting ... hrm I just clicked on the row in this thread and was taken right to the newest post that's very cool I might add. As you can tell I'm still figuring out what this mod can and can not do. ;)