How to shoot yourself in the foot, Creative Labs-style

Hardware and software discussion.
The Masked Marauder
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

How to shoot yourself in the foot, Creative Labs-style

Post by The Masked Marauder »

After waiting over a year for Creative Labs to release working Vista drivers for their sound cards, Daniel_K took it upon himself to mod their drivers and make them work right. The "pointy-haired bosses" who run Creative got their panties all in a twist and shut him down, including deleting his posts on Creative's support forums. In return, they got a firestorm of complaints about Creative's inability/unwillingness to produce fully functional drivers, along with a crapload of ill-will from customers. Check out the thread started by Phil O'Shaughnessy, VP Corporate Communications at Creative:

http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs ... ing&page=1

This is what happens when you let the Marketing department run a technology company.... :roll: I won't be buying or recommending any Creative Labs products in the foreseeable future.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

Creative always sucked with driver support it was the same story with Windows XP drivers. I haven't seen many cards that have the compatibility of Creative but then again every motherboard comes with built in sounds just about. I didn't even buy a sound card when I was building my new machine. Its not running Windows btw either. ;)
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

Only Creative thing I've bought of theirs in years is a MP3 player. I never was a big fan of their sound cards. Only ever had one of them my whole life, it was all I ever needed to try. iirc. But I'm not a audiophile myself. If I can hear it and it sounds decent I'm good.
chewey
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by chewey »

Creative makes really good hardware. But for some reason I don't understand,
they don't seem to get that drivers are equally important. And as driver suckage
still goes on over half a decade after the release of windows XP, I stopped
recommending their stuff. It's a real pity.