Yes! I have power again!! WOOOO!!!

Any other business.
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Yes! I have power again!! WOOOO!!!

Post by IceDogg »

Yea, I was one of the lucky ones in Northern Arkansas that lost my power for a few days. It let me see just how dependent I am on the power grid. Yikes! Kind of scary if I think about it. What if it was weeks or (Please no) months, I might have to find different things to do. My wife got her car washed inside and out with all the free time I had on my hands. She joked that she may make the power go off herself once in a while. But thought otherwise when she couldn't shower or use her hair dryer at home... LOL

Ice sure is beautiful to be so destructive. I may have to take Ice out of my user name after all this. hehehe.. not as fond of it now. :D

Never thought I could be so excited over power..hehe funny how we take such things for granted. Anyway..sorry so off topic and personal but I'm happy to be connected again. I'll take time to enjoy things more now.. at least for a while.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Y'kow Dogg, I was wondering how you made out with that ice storm. Wasn't it YOU who said how "beautiful" they we when I posted about our Dec ice storm?
http://forums.lanik.us/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=2808

Sounds like you guys went through the exact same thing we did back in December here in NY.

Sucks, don't it?

Congrads on getting your power back. Hope you didn't lose TOO much food.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

Yep, that was me. Or my evil twin who comes out sometimes. lol j/k I still think they are pretty, but some of the joy of seeing the pictures sure has been taken off, I'll tell you that. I had lost power before with ice but not for this period of time. Yea, sucks!!

Sorry if I had sounded inconsiderate when I said that before, I sure didn't mean to come across that way. :oops:
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

IceDogg wrote: Sorry if I had sounded inconsiderate when I said that before, I sure didn't mean to come across that way. :oops:
No, I never took it that way :-) They DO have a certain beauty to them ... but only when you are looking at someone ELSE's pictures :biggrin: I just read on CNN that there is still a half million without power in Kentucky ... I guess you can consider yourself lucky.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

rick752 wrote:They DO have a certain beauty to them ... but only when you are looking at someone ELSE's pictures :biggrin:
So very true, or your own after you have power back and it's well in the past.
rick752 wrote:I just read on CNN that there is still a half million without power in Kentucky ... I guess you can consider yourself lucky.
I do indeed consider myself lucky. They said Saturday at 7:30 PM, I just figured (and made plans) that I wouldn't have power for the SuperBowl. Lucky am I!!