JS/Redirector.b with ESET NOD32 [n/a]

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
telc

JS/Redirector.b with ESET NOD32 [n/a]

Post by telc »

I have been using EasyList and Fanboy for several months without issues. Just this morning I started getting NOD32 detecting "JS/Redirector.B" in my adblockplus cache.js file. If I remove EasyList there are no issues, as soon as I add EasyList NOD32 detects the trojan in the Cache.js file.

JS/Redirector.B seems to be old from around 2009, so its not something new it must be something in the EasyList that is triggering a match.
PoopDonkey

Post by PoopDonkey »

Same here. ESET 5.0 popped the notifications on 2 machines this morning right after the EasyList update (for 16 Jan). I remove the subscription and no notifications. I also switched over to Fanboy on both and ESET didn't notify me about anything. Mine was also detected in cache.js and also all the .INI's (and their backups).
vini

Post by vini »

Hi,

Same here - getting warnings for several files inside the adblockplus profile-folder, including cache.js, with NOD32 v5.0.95.0
As soon as I delete the files in question, the scanner is happy but the adblock-plugin rendered useless :/ Can anyone from the devs confirm, that this is a false positive?
telc

Post by telc »

At least its not just me :biggrin: . I was scared I would let NOD32 delete the cache.js and it would recreate and re-detect it when I opened FireFox.
Ares2
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Ares2 »

ESET already fixed the problem, update your virus database.

Also see: https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9348