foxnews.com IE9 TPL

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
sTrooper

foxnews.com IE9 TPL

Post by sTrooper »

I installed easylist for IE9 and now I cannot play any videos on Fox News website. Is this a known issue and is there a fix?
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

As far as I am aware it is not currently possible for TPLs to affect video adverts...
elmoso

Post by elmoso »

Acutally it is possible for TPLs to block video content on IE. Take for instance videos found in http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3830160409 they are being blocked by the EasyList Standard TPL. The same is true for the Abine TPL. I emailed the company about the Abine TPL for IE 9 and they confirmed that the TPL is blocking video playback to certain sites that I provided to them. Michael, test it out.
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

This is going to be problematic... I have updated the subscription generation script to take video adverts into account (this change should be reflected in the server edition of the program shortly). However, as Internet Explorer is unable to distinguish between different types of files, such as scripts, videos and stylesheets, it will likely mean that the new version of EasyList TPL will be much more limited as rules relating to (or specifically not relating to) videos are removed