res-x.com

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
aujbadxm

res-x.com

Post by aujbadxm »

my Company is a B2B sourcing site servicing international import and export companies. Sourcing companies visit our site and search for products and suppliers. In our search results we return direct results and also recommended products based on cohort behavior eg "professional buyers like you who viewed or enquired on this products have also looked at enquired on these products". These recommendation are served by a partner who has an industry standard recommendation engine and scripts on our site pass to them visitor activity information. All tracking and useage of data is declared in on Privacy and Cookie Policies in accordance with GDPR requirements and best practice, including telling people how to opt out.

There is at least one entry in the EasyPrivacy files eg "@@||res-x.com^*/Resonance.aspx?" which whe have identified as being related to our partner and is resulting in blocking of their recommendations on our site .

Since our business model involves rendering recommendations to a target audience which is specifically seeking new and recommended similar/related products rather than an audience which does not which to be marketed to or be otherwise spammed I would be grateful for any advice and guidance on how to mitigate the adverse impact on our business:
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

You should provide all the steps to reproduce your issue (including page address, what to click / see, test account if needed)
aujbadxm

Post by aujbadxm »

I would love to give you full detail but unfortunately I am not at liberty to do so. I hope you can understand that that exposing company identities by sharing URLs etc would be commercially sensitive. The use cases however are simple :
1) registered commercial B2B buyers comes on our site and review products and suppliers; scripts send buyers id and what they have viewed back to our partner (users have to be registered and are told up front data collected to facilitate recommendations and given optout choices)
2) registered buyer enters search argument and system returns matching relevant results
3) selects item to see detail record eg a product
b) system opens product profile and in side column shows recommendations based on product was selected and/or search argument, visitor history and cohort behaviors (ie people like you who viewed this product/used these search terms also viewed these products)
these recommendations are served from our partners recommendation engine based on a call from page being viewed ie user x has opened product 123 page send recommendations.....
the only problem is the recommendations are not be rendered by UBLOCK OR ADSBLOCK because they use Easyprivacy which has at least one entry as indicated resulting in legitimate content being blocked

Not to put to fine a point on it how do we get relief from easyprivacy - maybe one of the administrators/list authros would email me with advice.?
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

If you are unable to provide a test example I guess the authors cannot help you. Your call.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

@@||... Is an exception rule.
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

aujbadxm wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:09 am I would love to give you full detail but unfortunately I am not at liberty to do so. I hope you can understand that that exposing company identities by sharing URLs etc would be commercially sensitive.
You should think about that very carefully before registering on a public forum using your companies email and IP address. A less ethical person would post what I just found in 10 minutes of Google searches.

As @intense points out without a proper URL no author will help you. They can't read minds and my mind reading device is broken.

Nothing to see move along.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."