majorgeeks.com

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
jasinwa

majorgeeks.com

Post by jasinwa »

I've been having a problem viewing program/app pics on http://www.majorgeeks.com/. latest and i manually updated, but it's been happening for maybe 2 months now. fyi, blocking popups in not checked/active.

I've troubleshot it to easylist, by testing with and without easylist enabled. When unchecked, all is ok. If checked active (after refresh) problem occurs.

Problem: if you check apps/programs, select a program and see if it has a screenshot (usually in the rough middle of page). click the small thumbnail and a larger pic pops up in it's own wrapper.

if easylist is inactive, it works properly. it used to always work.

if active, what happens is the browser downloads/saves it, then it allows me to open with my default W7 picture program, outside of the browser!

weird...in testing, i refresh the site or shut down the browser and open again, etc....

I also tried an app with an older version (not as many filters (79k vs about what 82k in this one (Ads Killer Adblocker Plus) that uses your filters...all worked fine always but I could not use that app as it had other weaknesses.

Hope you can find that devil!!

Edit:

Was going to provide added info. i can't find a version of easylist, but i do the updates even manually. How reported in Ads Killer Adblocker Plus is "82,281 used out of 82,423".

Chromium 66.0.3359.117 using slimjet 19.02.0

Also, you may need to close tab or browser and restart then surf to majorgeeks and try again (if testing how selecting or deselecting easylist would have the noted problem or not.

I even tried using easylist without element hiding filters....same issue.

thanks.....
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Test these filters

Code: Select all

@@||ox-d.majorgeeks.com/w/1.0/jstag$script,domain=majorgeeks.com
@@||majorgeeks-d.openx.net/w/1.0/jstag$script,domain=majorgeeks.com
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
jasinwa

Post by jasinwa »

Hi smed79, thanks for responding and helping.

I really wasn't sure where to copy the filters to....

tried 'my filters' and that did not work.

tried 'whitelist' and that also did not work.

Is there a special place these filters should be copied to? sorry, i only do basic blocking, not much custom filters, etc....

ps - I also tried running easylist on a different pc and it did the same exact thing. Were you able to duplicate the oddity?
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

jasinwa

Post by jasinwa »

Hi, i am using a portable version of slimjet. I removed my current blocker (Ads Killer Adblocker Plus) and installed abp.

rebooted to ensure all 'default' and tested without the 2 filters supplied. Issue is there. Add the 2 filters in, reboot, etc...and problem is still there.

As I have been doing my own simnple tests, i've noticed occasionally, it might work (pop the larger image up center of screen), but then the next time it saves it....that might have to do with the cache?? it's frustrating.

The same happens with abp....using the filters you created...thank you for helping me.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Test again

Code: Select all

@@||openx.net/*/acj?$script,domain=majorgeeks.com
@@||openx.net/*/jstag$script,domain=majorgeeks.com
@@||majorgeeks.com/*/jstag$third-party
jasinwa

Post by jasinwa »

ok, tried a few tests. Once filters entered into abp, i restarted pc, etc...so it worked (95% of the time)!! very good, thanks.

i selected the app screenshot from multiple apps, close the majorgeeks tab/reopen, refresh, restart browser, etc....40 times. 2 times it reverted to the issue...but 38 worked well...

Then i copied to the blocker i use, but it did not work. it may have to do with how filters are written, i'll do my own research. if abp is the defacto standard, then it works almost 100% of the time. Thank you!