ads.pinterest.com

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
suihanki

ads.pinterest.com

Post by suihanki »

Hello there!

I searched but didn't see anything about this on the forums...

We have a site, ads.pinterest.com - where businesses on Pinterest can login to promote their pins. The site doesn't serve any ad content itself, but it seems like parts of it are being blocked because of a generic filter:

://ads.

The only people going to ads.pinterest.com are businesses looking to sign up or manage their account - but if they have AdBlock they're getting a subpar experience.

I was wondering if there's any way to have an exception for ads.pinterest.com specifically?

Thank you!
Brendan
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Do you have a test login?
suihanki

Post by suihanki »

Sure! I will pm you the login info.

Simply click here:

https://www.pinterest.com/testaccount0432/

Then login with the credentials. You'll see a Settings dropdown (represented by a gear icon) - click on that, then try to click on the "Promoted Pins" link in the dropdown.

If you're on Chrome and have AdBlock running - the new tab will close immediately (thinking it's a popup ad).

Let me know if you have any questions!
suihanki

Post by suihanki »

@fanboy hello again - thanks so much for adding the revision. We are no longer seeing issues when loading the page directly.

However - when attempting to open any link to ads.pinterest.com from another page with the target="_blank" attribute, the site still gets blocked.

We reached out to AdBlock support and they said that adding the following would fix this:

@@||ads.pinterest.com^$popup,~third-party

Is it possible to add this to the whitelist? Tested with my own custom filters and this worked! Thank you!
MonztA
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by MonztA »

arla

Post by arla »

Hello!

This is a follow-up to this forum, but specific to emails that link to ads.pinterest.com

Ads.pinterest.com is where businesses who want to advertise on Pinterest can create or manage campaigns, but there's no ad content on the site itself.

We'll sometimes send emails that prompt users to log in to view their campaign stats or manage existing campaigns, but users with AdBlock are not able to open the link from emails.

Would you be able to whitelist ads.pinterest.com for links from email? Let me know if there's any other info you need from me.

Thank you!
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Probably the only fix I can come up with;

https://github.com/easylist/easylist/co ... 998388c9ea
arla

Post by arla »

Thank you!