sumologic.com

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
sumo_ui

sumologic.com

Post by sumo_ui »

Hi,
I am developing a web service for Sumologic that requires us to use a different subdomain. However, uBlock has a filter that is stopping cross-origin requests on Sumologic. Thus, we are unable to make calls to this subdomain while uBlock is enabled.

Filter - ||sumologic.com^$third-party

I request you to please remove this filter.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

It's an easyprivacy filter.

However, to catch the attention of the authors you should provide an example page to see the scripts in action.
sumo_ui

Post by sumo_ui »

The web service it still under development and not open to public, but this can be seen in action for our CDN use case.
URL - https://nite-www.sumologic.net/ui/
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

The filter will stay, but made an exception for sumologic.net

https://github.com/easylist/easylist/co ... f9cbe1a599
sumo_ui

Post by sumo_ui »

Thank you for making that exception. But this is a dev server for us. All our production servers end with sumologic.com.
We cannot take our feature to production if sumologic.com filter stays.
If there is a particular reason for this filter staying, please let us know and we will fix it. This filter is a big problem as we cannot make any cross domain requests to our subdomains on production.

As a reference, link to one of our production servers - service.us2.sumologic.com
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

sumologic.net is fixed; so you can use sumologic.com on these servers.
sumo_ui

Post by sumo_ui »

Yes but these are dev servers. Production servers end with sumologic.com for which there is no exception.
We are not in the business of collecting private information of our users. We dont even collect user behavior on our sites for A/B testing. This filter is too harsh as it will block all cross domain requests to OUR subdomains. To make our architecture scalable, there is no way around it. Asking our customers to stop using Adblocker doesnt seem like a solution as I use uBlock in my personal capacity too and I think its great!
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

I don't often side with the OP but unfortunately the OP is right. We use a competitor service similar in the type of service they provide. This is a log aggregator it's not a website that would be interested in tracking their users unless they want to loose business. As it stands right now sumologic.com would be blocked on every domain except the parent website. So any calls on any sites outside of sumologic.com domain would fail. I would be interested in how it got on EasyPrivacy to begin with.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
sumo_ui

Post by sumo_ui »

Lanik wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:30 am As it stands right now sumologic.com would be blocked on every domain except the parent website. So any calls on any sites outside of sumologic.com domain would fail.
Yes that's why we request the authors to please remove this from the filter list.

Even we are not sure how it ended up in that list. May be you guys can tell us how that list is populated?
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

You're free to browse the repo, not exactly secret; https://github.com/easylist/easylist
sumo_ui

Post by sumo_ui »

Could not make much from the repo, but as Lanik said, the filter is too harsh and should be removed. We have no interest in collecting any personal data of any user or tracking them. It is bad for our business.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

example site would help where it causes an obvious false positive.
sumo_ui

Post by sumo_ui »

It would not be possible for us to show it on production. To show an example site with sumologic.com would mean pushing the feature on production where it could fail for users with uBlock enabled. We will need to tell all our users to not use uBlock and this is something we would like to avoid and that's why we request you to remove that filter.
sumo_ui

Post by sumo_ui »

Any update on this?
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

given its not testable, no action will be taken.