space-trooper.com

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
abinc

space-trooper.com

Post by abinc »

Hi,

To protect the privacy of my users i use the same method as https://sharingbuttons.io/ for one of my project :
https://www.space-trooper.com

The described method by sharingbuttons.io/ it's a ethical solution without javascript, without third party, without any tracking.....its just a simple html link with an svg for icon.

But, i was surprised to see that even by providing additional work exclusively dedicated to the removal of this tracking, the tracking option for social media block my link on firefox plug-in.

I imagine that it is the url of sharing which serves as the basis for the blocking, and from my point of view it is a mistake because tracking is done by the javascript provided by third party or/and social-medias.

My Share links are visible only to logged in users (you can use login : "[email protected]" password : "testpass").

My apologies for my approximate english, i hope you have understood the meaning of my return.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Are you complaining about tracking being blocked or social elements?
abinc

Post by abinc »

We all know that tracking comes from js script from social medias or/and third party script. Of course social networks encourage the use of their scripts with tracking for generate this simple link but integrate ethical solution its possible and requires specific work (for each social media, find the share url with the appropriate GET parameters). The simple html link method in a website is respectful of privacy.

My complain is that simple html social link method (safe without script and tracking) are blocked while there are no tracking. Why ?

I deduce that the blocking is done at the level of the link href:url and not at the presence of script allowing the tracking. For me it's a problem because a specific work against tracking is simply unknow by add-block because the blocking is done at the level of links and not the presence / absence of script for tracking.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Do you mean that the first party tracking should not be blocked?
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
abinc

Post by abinc »

The problem is that the user is spied on these scripts even if he does not click on the links. But if these scripts are deleted and there is only one basic html share link left, this should not be a problem (in my opinion).

If you look the solution from sharingbuttons.io (I based my work on theirs) it is only a hand-crafted html/css solution without js and tracking. I use their method specifically because it is a solution for eradicate tracking.

The title of the addblock feature on firefox is "Block tracking by social media icons", not "block social medias icons". In fact i agree that 99% of social media icons is provide by script from social medias -with tracking-, but I ask if the 1% ethical solution without script and tracking can be not blocked.

I speak well on the part that interests us ie as the user is on our site and not on the social network site after the click. Because i think the purpose of addblock is to prevent the visitor from being tracked without his knowledge and not to prevent it from sharing content / site on a social network.

I hope that that my words are understandable.