go.ps3.host

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
ddpatohs

go.ps3.host

Post by ddpatohs »

Hey,

My organization is hired to train users to not fall for phishing scams and we use techniques pretty much the same as advertisers (i.e. cookies) to track how well they are doing. It seems that Adblock (which i love and personally use) may be affecting data accuracy for our customers.

Here is an example of a link we use in order to track a user to see if they fall for a phishing exercise.

http://go.ps3.host/l/189082/2017-07-25/5wrgb

The whitelisting people said to ask here about it.

~ Cheers
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Explain the issue, what's wrong ? how to reproduce the issue ?
ddpatohs

Post by ddpatohs »

intense wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:21 pm Explain the issue, what's wrong ? how to reproduce the issue ?

When one of our customers uses our educational content we give them a cookie for their upcoming phishing exercise. If they fail the exercise and click a link, we track that and let them know they have room for improvement and offer some advice.

adblocker is unfortunately blocking our cookies and so we are currently trying to help our users work through these difficulties. Their whitelisting department suggested this forum

"Please note that this isn't an Adblock Plus related issue but something to be fixed on EasyList, the main ad blocking filter list, owned and maintained by different volunteers worldwide and entirely independent from Adblock Plus."

Steps to reproduce include;

1. Creating a paid account with us
2. Receiving educational video and going to our page to play it. (wherein a custom link is followed so we know who it is and then a cookie is set once on the page)
3. Phishing exercise --- Cookie is used to see if they fall for the phish
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Provide a test account & send the login to
easylist.subscription at gmail . com
mp3geek at gmail . com
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com