mp4upload.com

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.

Moderator: EasyList authors

Rogg

mp4upload.com

Post by Rogg » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi,

In the last few days, the following EasyList's rule has been updated to apply to mp4upload.com. The list blocks all third party scripts on these sites because it assumes that they are "Popads domains".

In the case of mp4upload.com, the site usually provides videos that are embedded into websites as third parties, so that rule shouldn't be a problem. However I open them as first parties, and this causes ajax.googleapis.com to be blocked, preventing the video from being viewable.

You can check it on let's say https://www.mp4upload.com/embed-jyw4mktoa743-712x445.html

The rule is:

Code: Select all

$script,third-party,domain=...|mp4upload.com|...
I don't know how good the reason to add mp4upload.com to this long list is, so I can't say it should be removed, but in the meantime I allowed AJAX through overly specific rule

@@ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.12.4/jquery.min.js$third-party,domain=mp4upload.com

Thanks!

Lanik
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Lanik » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:28 pm

Slightly better allow rule:

@@||ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/*/jquery.min.js$third-party,domain=mp4upload.com
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:29 pm

Indeed! So Should I be using this rule on my end from now on, or will something happen on EasyList's side ? (Like removing mp4upload.com from the "Popads domains" rule that forbids third-party scripts and blocking whatever was intended to be blocked in a different way, or adding this AJAX exception, or something else...)

Lanik
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by Lanik » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:40 pm

I would put the rule in on your end while we wait for one of the EL authors to make the necessary changes.

@MonztA @Khrin @fanboy FYI
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."

Rogg

Post by Rogg » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:55 pm

Ok thanks! There's probably no hurry, I'm not even sure there exist links that let people watch videos from mp4upload.com as a first party. I just don't like to allow embedded iframes so I open videos as their own tabs.