cwtv.com

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
nickelmagic
Site Member
Site Member

cwtv.com

Post by nickelmagic »

Hi,

There is a new filter in EasyList that was added sometime in the last month or so that is interfering with CWTV.com. When I pull up an episode on CWTV.com to watch, all I see is a black screen where the video should be when before it was working fine.

When I disable EasyList entirely, the video works fine so I know it is a specific filter in EasyList. I already have two individual filters in EasyList (on Adblock Plus) disabled:

Code: Select all

@@||hulu.com/published/*.flv
@@||hulu.com/published/*.mp4
On uBlock Origin I cannot disable individual filters in EasyList (at least I can't figure out how to). I have tried disabling Adblock Plus and using only uBlock Origin and disabling uBlock Origin and using only Adblock Plus and the same black screen where the video should be happens both times.

Two example links are

http://cwtv.com/shows/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow/shogun/?play=47b498f9-5faf-4103-b456-25c7dc0227ee
http://cwtv.com/shows/izombie/twenty-sided-die/?play=3dbfeae9-755f-4c44-860f-96674bca02ec
so I think this is sitewide for their episodes that can be streamed.

I did notice that CWTV.com got a new video player since the last time I watched a video at the site so maybe that has something to do with the issue.

Is there another filter in EasyList that I should be disabling for the video to work or is there a custom filter that would fix this problem?

Thank You
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

nickelmagic wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:47 pm On uBlock Origin I cannot disable individual filters
You can use $badfilter which prevent a filter from being loaded.
e.g

||hulu.com/published/*.flv$badfilter
||hulu.com/published/*.mp4$badfilter
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
nickelmagic
Site Member
Site Member

Post by nickelmagic »

I did not know I could do that - thanks. I tried that in uBlock Origin and I still get the black screen when I use the same links. So, I think there is a new filter that was added to EasyList in the last month or so that makes the black screens on CWTV.com. Is there another EasyList filter I should disable individually or is there a custom filter I should add to make the episodes play?
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

remove the filters above, add only

@@||imasdk.googleapis.com/js/sdkloader/ima3.js$script,domain=cwtv.com
nickelmagic
Site Member
Site Member

Post by nickelmagic »

Thanks. The video plays on the links now but when I take the video into fullscreen on both firefox and chrome the video progress bar at the bottom of the screen stays throughout the entire episode. Is there a filter I should disable or a custom filter I should use to make the video progress bar fade out like it is supposed to in fullscreen?
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Even disabling uBo I get the same behaviour (progress bar always ON).
nickelmagic
Site Member
Site Member

Post by nickelmagic »

Is there any way to fix it so the video progress bar fades out in fullscreen like it's supposed to or is it something that needs to be done at the website's end?
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

It's a site / player issue, it happens for a lot of webplayers.