wnd.com

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
ByteTheBit

wnd.com

Post by ByteTheBit »

When Adblock Plus is enabled in Google Chrome...

Disqus comments wont load on the WND.com website:
Error Message on WND Reads:
Disqus seems to be taking longer than usual. Reload?

Also Videos wont load:
Error Message on WND Reads:
Error loading playlist: Playlist load error: Error loading file

The same problem occurs in the "incognito" window when Adblock Plus is enabled. When I disable Adblock Plus Disqus and Videos will both load.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but this problem started shortly after I installed the "authy 2FA" extension. I also installed the "Free Dictionary" extension about 1 week prior to this problem. I have no other extensions installed.

I uninstalled both extensions but I am still having this problem. I even uninstalled Adblock Plus and then added it back but the problem still persists.

Please help because the WND pages load so very, very, slow without Adblock Plus.
Thank you!
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

add

Code: Select all

@@||content.jwplatform.com$xmlhttprequest,domain=wnd.com
@@||disquscdn.com/next/embed/$script,domain=wnd.com
ByteTheBit

Post by ByteTheBit »

Thank You Fanboy!
I reinstalled my 3 extensions (Adblock, TheFreeDictionary & Authy2FA) and updated "EasyList" in the "Adblock Plus Options."

The Disqus comment section is now working for me on this web site.

The videos within the stories are still being blocked though.
These videos are not ads but video footage that are part of the articles.

When I load the page with Adblock Plus enabled I get the following placeholder error message:
Error loading playlist: Playlist load error: Error loading file

Here is a screenshot of the problem: http://i.imgur.com/yW3bjZ9.png

If I disable Adblock Plus then the videos become available to watch.

When I load the troublesome page with Adblock enabled and then disable adblock and then let the video load and then re-enable adblock and then try to play the video I get this error message:
Cannot load M3U8: Crossdomain access denied.

For whatever it may be worth, it appears the videos are Powered by JW Player 7.10.7

Following are two example sites where this problem is occurring for me:

http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/immigrant-who-killed-boston-doctors-has-bank-robbing-rapsheet/
http://www.wnd.com/2017/05/refugees-attack-news-reporter-on-live-tv/
Thank you again for your assistance!
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

[mention]ByteTheBit[/mention]
if you read the thread you'll see my filters. The first one fixes the video issue. Add it to your adblocker.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

ByteTheBit

Post by ByteTheBit »

Problem fixed. Thank you both for your time!
iamfrancisyo

Post by iamfrancisyo »

To reproduce the issue:

1. go to

http://www.wnd.com/2018/02/ex-communist-spy-chief-dem-intel-abuse-similar-to-my-work/#disqus_thread
2. note that Disqus iframe does not load
3. if you revert these changes 13d19656 and save them to a custom uploaded EasyList, the problem is fixed (Disqus comments will load, but ads will not)

Example non-ads Disqus comments iframe that should load with EasyList enabled: https://pastebin.com/raw/51dEAKN8

We think that the easylist rule is targeting the wrong Disqus iframes on WND.com and presumably other in the domain filter found in the commit above.

Thanks for taking a look! I from Disqus support team, we are in contact with WND who originally reported this issue.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Given the revolving ads, ad countering on the site I'm less inclined to help this spam site, send that to wnd.com.
infojunkie
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

Post by infojunkie »

wnd.com#@#iframe[src^="https://disqus.com"] would work.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
iamfrancisyo

Post by iamfrancisyo »

can you clarify who can remove the rules that are blocking Disqus on all of these sites?

https://github.com/easylist/easylist/co ... 29f9fR5639

Just to be clear, it is not just ads that are being blocked, all of Disqus is blocked.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

@iamfrancisyo These spam sites that you mentioned use a revolving ads (yavli) and abuse of the webrtc/websocket protocol (uponit) to force showing their spam/ads to the adblock users. For that reason, the strict blocking is applied here.

If they stop the the abuse, easylist authors will be happy to remove the filters in question.
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
infojunkie
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

Post by infojunkie »

I don't understand, I've suggested a fix, a simple fix.
I don't see ads with Ublock, why are you destroying my website experience just because you want to hurt the website with your techniques? don't play with us in order to force websites to remove Yavli, just write a good extension like Ublock does.

Let's remove random posts on facebook too because they also do ad revolving, why are you not doing that? because you know that you'll get a lawsuit.

it's not incorrectly removed content if you have a simple way not to do it, and you still continue.
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

infojunkie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:50 am I don't see ads with Ublock, why are you destroying my website experience just because you want to hurt the website with your techniques?
uBO uses an Unbreak List where they fix things that are broken intentionally or not.
infojunkie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:50 am Let's remove random posts on facebook too because they also do ad revolving, why are you not doing that? because you know that you'll get a lawsuit.
I do believe that's been done already and nobody got sued so what's your point?
infojunkie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:50 am it's not incorrectly removed content if you have a simple way not to do it, and you still continue.
You're walking a very thin line here. You have 2 options use uBO or use ABP and create your own rules to unbreak Disqus.

This isn't a service you pay for. Jumping all over people and snapping at them when they're just trying to help doesn't help anyone. Be part of the solution not part of the problem. As you can tell by now EL devs decided against unblocking Disqus comments. As such why not think of a way how you'd fix this problem that doesn't involve unblocking Disqus.

For reference: rules#about
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."
yoleho

Post by yoleho »

Am i missing something here....

Referring to: https://easylist.to/pages/policy.html

To quote:
"Consistently problematic filters should be removed from the subscription."
Surely this is a consistency problematic filter? If you do not class it as one, then please provide an example of one?

"Filters must be as efficient as possible."
This filter clearly isnt as efficient as possible. This Disqus whitelist would make it far more efficient.

Why do the Easylist authors not uphold this policy?
LanikSJ
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by LanikSJ »

yoleho wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:33 pm Surely this is a consistency problematic filter? If you do not class it as one, then please provide an example of one?
A problematic filter would be

/ad
which will probably cause many false positives.
yoleho wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:33 pm This filter clearly isnt as efficient as possible. This Disqus whitelist would make it far more efficient.
Last I checked it blocks the comments without breaking the rest of the site. That qualifies as efficient in my book.
yoleho wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:33 pm Why do the Easylist authors not uphold this policy?
Their list, their right to uphold the policy as they see fit.
fanboy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 am Given the revolving ads, ad countering on the site I'm less inclined to help this spam site, send that to wnd.com.
I'll let [mention]fanboy[/mention] comment if he wants. As it stands now this is the authors choice. I'll lock this as it's gone off the rails already. If [mention]fanboy[/mention] wants to comment he can unlock it.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it."