shipping address hidden on vitacost.com [fixed]

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
SilentMusic

shipping address hidden on vitacost.com [fixed]

Post by SilentMusic »

The EasyElement_USA_Rick752 subscription blocks the shipping address when I try to order from vitacost.com, making it impossible to place an order. I am using AdBlockPlus v0.7.5.3. AdBlockPlus bug 14814 (https://www.mozdev.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=14814) causes the user to be unable to avoid blocking this element by whitelisting the site. Therefore, I suggest that the filter be removed from EasyElement_USA_Rick752. My work-arounds are to disable the EasyElement_USA_Rick752 subscription or manually disable AdBlockPlus before placing an order at vitacost.com and hope I remember to enable AdBlockPlus afterwards.

Info from blockable items:
Address: #*(id*=cellAd)
Type: hidden
Filter: #*(id*=cellAd
Ares2
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Ares2 »

Until it's fixed (or if it won't be fixed), you can easily disable the filter by going to ABP preferences, expand EasyList, search for the filter and click the green bubble next to it. This way you don't have to disable ABP or the whole list.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

I can't see the address anywhere that you are talking about, but I did change that string in the EasyElement subscription as I think that "cellAd" probably is written as cellAddress. I have truncated the open end wilcard. Try it again and see if it is ok now. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Please remove this as a bug in Adblock Plus. This is NOT a problem with Adblock Plus, but rather a false-positive with the EasyElement filter subscription.[/u] Adblock Plus' author will not fix this problem because it is not his.

Just a word of advice when using any blocking program:
http://forums.lanik.us/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=662
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
SilentMusic

Post by SilentMusic »

Thanks Ares2 for the tip. I didn't realize that disabling one filter would persist across subscription updates, but it does. I may need that in the future.

Thanks rick752 for fixing the EasyElement subscription. It fixed the problem I was seeing with vitacost.com. I didn't expect anyone else to go through the ordering process to reproduce this problem (for fear that they would get charged).

I appreciate your advice about using an ad blocking program while online shopping. My wife does a lot of online shopping, and I try to make the browser secure yet simple for her to use. vitacost.com and landsend.com were the only sites that she experienced problems. You just solved the problem for vitacost.com, and I solved the problem for landsend.com by whitelisting the site. We are thrilled that AdBlockPlus together with the 3 EasyList filter subscriptions allow us to surf and shop securely without the hassle and risk of manually disabling AdBlockPlus. I believe it is part of why Spybot S&D and AdAware have shown no spyware on my PC for the last couple of years.

Please note that I did not submit AdBlockPlus bug 14814. Also, it is for the problem of whitelisting having no effect for element hiding.