remove blocks for sailthru.com

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
satia

remove blocks for sailthru.com

Post by satia »

Hi, I'm reaching out from Sailthru, an ESP, regarding a block on our domain.

Recently we began receiving complaints from clients that images in the emails we send are not appearing. The images are hosted on our servers at http://media.sailthru.com/

We've determined that AdBlock is blocking our images. The content that is being blocked are NOT ads. What are being blocked are editorial content images in newsletters, and editorial content images in onsite content.

We are very selective about the clients we accept. All of our clients are CAN-SPAM compliant, and our guidelines suggest even stricter rules than required, such as including an optout link in 1-to-1 emails, including 2 optout links at top and bottom, and regularly list cleaning to remove dormant users. And of course our clients send only opted-in subscribers (we recommend a double-optin process). Please also note we are not an ad host.

We additionally provide two onsite features, Concierge and Scout. I suspect that Concierge may be what dropped us accidentally into your filters. Concierge is on-site slider that a client places on their website to recommend other articles on their own website that the reader might be interested in reading next. We do not allow clients to include advertisements in this slider. It is for editorial, same-site recommendations only. There is an X on the slider if the subscriber wishes to hide the slider at any time.

These are impacted:
||sailthru.com/horizon/
||/sailthru.js
||sailthru.com^*/horizon.js

on the AdBlock Plus "Easy List" (https://easylist.adblockplus.org/en/)

Obviously we want to get this resolved as quickly as possible. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know what additional information you need to remove the block on us as soon as possible. Thanks for your attention.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Which of the sailthru scripts are tracking scripts?
MonztA
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by MonztA »

satia wrote:We've determined that AdBlock is blocking our images. The content that is being blocked are NOT ads. What are being blocked are editorial content images in newsletters, and editorial content images in onsite content.
Feel free to send some newsletters to easylist dot subscription at gmail dot com so I can cehck it.

Do you have some example pages of this onsite content?