New GMail theme

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.

New GMail theme

Post by Guest »

With the new GMail theme, there's an empty bar above the message list when the ads are blocked.
MonztA
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by MonztA »

Could you send an issue report via Adblock Plus (see in its context menu) and post the link of the report here?

Post by Guest »

MonztA
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by MonztA »

Thanks.

I don't see the bar in the screenshot but you can try this.

Post by Guest »

That's exactly the fix. Thanks!
zakthe

Post by zakthe »

There is a new ad on the bottom of gmail that I cannot block in the new theme.[img]pyeongchanginsider.com/ad/ad.png[/img]
Ares2
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Ares2 »

Can you update EasyList now and see if it's gone?

https://hg.adblockplus.org/easylist/rev/6e907d657b81
zakthe

Post by zakthe »

Looks great, Thanks!

Also, have you guys thought of using networkadvertising.org to set the default settings to OPT-OUT for tracking cookies?
Ares2
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Ares2 »

As I understand this, this merely opts you out of behavioral ads. It does not help to stop those companies from tracking you, you just don't see the results of it any more. Generally, without any kind of official regulation, stuff like this is not exactly something anyone that is really concerned about such activities would rely on. It's a decision between

1. Hoping that the guys who make money off getting as much information about you as possible will not use the data they still get! because of some cookie setting and a vague pledge.
2. Making technically sure they never get any data of you in the first place (blocking the network requests for example with Adblock Plus, certain browser settings, other extensions etc)

No matter how option 1 is going to develop in the future, even if at some point there is a law that enforces a users decision not to be tracked MUST be honored (see the "do-not-track header" for a first try in achieving parts of this), it will always be inferior to option 2.
zakthe

Post by zakthe »

Your personal touch and quick response has pushed me over the top to donate for the first time to an open sourced project!
Thanks so much, I have donated what I can, hopefully I can again after I graduate from college and pay off my dept.
Ares2
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Ares2 »

We (EasyList) don't accept donations, so I don't really know who this went to (AdBlock?, Adblock Plus?, Mozilla?). :-)