reviews.cnet.com

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
Glitch

reviews.cnet.com

Post by Glitch »

I have a suggestion and a question for filters on reviews.cnet.com.

On reviews.cnet.com homepage there is a top-right ad called "Special sponsor stores" that can easily be hidden using
reviews.cnet.com#div(rr_prem_shell) .
The ad is a part of <div class="cd_head"> ,so it shouldn't be too hard for you to find.

Now for the question, it's more suited in the Easylist forum, but since I'm already posting here...
On the reviews.cnet.com category reviews (e.g. TV reviews, Laptop reviews...) there is a flash animation called xxx videos (xxx being the current reviews category).
I haven't been able to find which of your Easylist filters block this helpful animation, so Rick, if you could help me a little... :)

edit: whoops, that anonymous post below was me, I thought I was already logged on! Well, tnx again.
Last edited by Glitch on Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Glitch wrote: On the reviews.cnet.com category reviews (e.g. TV reviews, Laptop reviews...) there is a flash animation called xxx videos (xxx being the current reviews category).
I haven't been able to find which of your Easylist filters block this helpful animation, so Rick, if you could help me a little... :)
I certainly can ... you could disable the single filter string called:

Code: Select all

/av/*promo
That should give you what you want.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"

Post by Guest »

Tnx, done that, works like a charm :)
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

I removed that block from the EasyList and added the other string to the element filter.
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"