myspace.com

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
pupil
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

myspace.com

Post by pupil »

On the myspace homepage (when you login to myspace, the default homepage screen - you'll need a login to see this) there is a great big empty frame left by the removal of the top banner add. It can be removed with this:

Code: Select all

myspace.com#DIV(id=leaderboard)
Erunno
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Erunno »

This particular filter caused site breakage and therefore has been removed.
Zombie Contributor
pupil
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by pupil »

If that is the case then there is still a FP problem in EasyList as the problem mentioned in the Adblock Plus forum thread is happening for me still here:

http://www.myspace.com/chromeo
http://www.myspace.com/gaudimusic

My filter suggestion removes a tiny frame image form the very top of the page on artists pages and on the homescreen removes a big redundant frame.
Erunno
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Erunno »

I checked all three sites in Safari and couldn't see anything out of order compared to the ad-free Firefox version. Are you using any filter subscriptions other than EasyList by chance?
Zombie Contributor
pupil
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by pupil »

Erunno wrote:I checked all three sites in Safari and couldn't see anything out of order compared to the ad-free Firefox version. Are you using any filter subscriptions other than EasyList by chance?
Greasemonkey turned off, EasyList and EasyPrivacy in ABP only, no other filters...

The Chromeo page seems to work ok today for me, but the other one ( http://www.myspace.com/gaudimusic ) works intermittently. If I keep refreshing the browser, sometimes the element is removed (causing the player to be obscured), and sometimes it isn't.
Erunno
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Erunno »

I can reproduce the error on gaudimusic by repeatedly reloading the page. It looks like MySpace sometimes places a second div (###tkn_leaderboardDiv) inside the outer div (###leadboard div). The inner div has a height set to 90px. If the the inner div is missing the second one collapses to a small stripe at the top which in turn causes the odd position of the other elements. Not sure what can be done about this without resorting to Stylish other than white-listing the ads for Myspace. Maybe Ares2 can come up with a better solution. *shrug*
Zombie Contributor
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

Also on MySpace, when searching there are some unwanted items that may be blocked using

Code: Select all

myspace.com###medRec
/ad_wrapper
Ares2
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Ares2 »

Erunno wrote:Maybe Ares2 can come up with a better solution.
No, sorry.

@pupil: you will have to use Stylish for that or put up with this (really minor) problem. ;-)
Michael wrote:/ad_wrapper
I can't find the topic now, but that will cause problems if blocked.
Erunno
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Erunno »

Zombie Contributor
MonztA
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by MonztA »

Ares2
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor