google-analytics.com

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
Mtall

google-analytics.com

Post by Mtall »

Hello,

I believe the following site should be blocked on privacy grounds:
google-analytics.com

Many sites link to scripts on the above site.
Mtall

Post by Mtall »

The associated filter:
||google-analytics.com^
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

Google Analytics is not blocked in EasyPrivacy for reasons listed here and here. It is entirely intentional as the filter causes many sites to function incorrectly.
Erunno
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Erunno »

Google Analytics might deserve a sticky here including the GreaseMonkey-based workaround to enable GA blocking without the undesired effects.
Zombie Contributor
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

I agree, it's the second time in a week I've mentioned this subject. I would go as far to suggest a sticky containing all the filters we know about yet will not include in EasyList.
Ares2
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Ares2 »

Michael wrote:I agree, it's the second time in a week I've mentioned this subject. I would go as far to suggest a sticky containing all the filters we know about yet will not include in EasyList.
You mean EasyPrivacy? ;-) Beside that, good idea. Do you (or someone else) want to put all the infos together? A new topic in the pvt forum should be fine, I will make it sticky then and move it to the general forum.
heinz

Post by heinz »

Google Analytics is not blocked? How many sites does not work correctly vs. how many working sites where it is blocked?
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

I've collected a lot of scripts anyway and have filed them as personal filters to prevent me from reporting them accidentally; I'll create a private topic soon.

P.S. I was using EasyList to refer to both subscriptions maintained here as both may have filters that cause false positives, although I concede that the majority will originate from the EasyPrivacy spectrum. At least, that's the argument I'm using to make myself feel better about such a glaringly obvious mistake!

[EDIT] The topic has been created and is located in the private forum under the title "Filters Unsuitable For EasyList Or EasyPrivacy".
Michael
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Michael »

The topic is now in the EasyList and Adblock Plus forum; it can be reached through this link.