Sears website problems

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
london1900

Sears website problems

Post by london1900 »

Hi,
When I have the filters enabled no product photos load on the sears website.
Thanks.
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

It worked fine for me. I did a search for mowers and could see them all just fine. Some questions to make it easier to help you.

1. What Filterset you using? (But I was assuming it was Rick's easylist)
2. What version of Firefox and Adblock plus (latest?)?
3. The link to the exact page that you are having trouble with. Not just "sears website" Not meaning that smart, just it would help people to help you.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

This is a problem with some stores.

The stores ARE showing ads. The directory structures will use wording that contain advertisement-type strings. It is difficult NOT to ad-block stuff in a site that basically contains all ads. :)

If you find a problem with a store not showing content, I would just suggest that you middle-click the Adblock Plus icon to disable it for that site. If you go to the Sears site a lot and want it to be transparent, I would suggest just adding a whitelist to your filters for it:

Code: Select all

@@sears.com
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
london1900

Post by london1900 »

Hi,
added the @@sears.com to my list and everything shows up now. I think the sears website list all the product photos as ads, so they get blocked. I need the website, love my craftsman tools!

I'm using adblock plus 0.7.1.2 with both easylist and easy element, they both work great.

Thanks again for the help!
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Actually, after looking again at the site, the only thing that I can see getting blocked out is the "All tires on Sale" type of promotional stuff just under the top nav and above the actual catalog items themselves.

The site seems to work just fine except for those.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"