mtv.fi

Finish supplemental subscription

Moderator: Nordic & Scandinavian Mods

peace2000
Finnish List Author
Finnish List Author

mtv.fi

Post by peace2000 »

Hello! There are unblocked ads on videos on this site. Video ads before the content and image based ads when the content is paused.

A sample (not geoblocked)

Code: Select all

https://www.mtv.fi/sarja/peter-nyman-33001036002/rasanen-haluaa-ymmartaa-aborttiin-paatyneita-mutta-muistuttaa-suomessa-ei-synny-ei-toivottuja-lapsia-1009128
mtv.fi is a sister site of mtvuutiset.fi and has similar ads so I think that filters that work for mtv.fi should work for mtvuutiset.fi also.

Here is the topic for mtvuutiset.fi viewtopic.php?f=62&t=42146
I maintain the Finnish Easylist. If you report an ad issue, tag my name so I'll get a notification.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

seems working (only uBo)

||damoh.katsomo.fi/*$media,redirect=noopmp3-0.1s,domain=mtv.fi
peace2000
Finnish List Author
Finnish List Author

Post by peace2000 »

That works nicely for the video ads.

Can you find out a way to block those image ads that are shown when the content is paused? (In a way that video playback isn't prohibited.)

Image ads can be blocked from showing with this filter

||damoh.katsomo.fi/*/*$image,domain=www.mtv.fi
But the video area still remains clickable for popups and video playback is prevented.
I maintain the Finnish Easylist. If you report an ad issue, tag my name so I'll get a notification.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

I get no image ad.

However if the video ad is blocked I get no popup anymore.

You could test this filter (if still getting popups), uBo:

mtv.fi##+js(window.open-defuser.js)
peace2000
Finnish List Author
Finnish List Author

Post by peace2000 »

Thank you for your reply.

I assume that you are using Google Chrome?

I noticed that this filter

||damoh.katsomo.fi/*$media,redirect=noopmp3-0.1s,domain=mtv.fi
Does not block image ads on Firefox but it does block almost every time on Chrome. I tested with Chrome and rarely got those image ads.

So in order to get fully rid of those images this filter is also needed:

||damoh.katsomo.fi/*$image,redirect=noopmp3-0.1s,domain=mtv.fi
After that filter I'm in a situation where the image is gone but the whole video area is still clickable.
Your script to block popups blocked them but it didn't remove the restriction to continue video playback.

Then I found out that I need to have this filter instead:

www.mtv.fi##.mtv-player-ad-container
And then everything was fine. (No popup blocking filter needed).

But this filter compilation works only in Ubo, I could not make proper filters for ABP. Lol I start to feel that it's time to move permanently to Ubo.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Are you using ABP and uBo together ? and yes, you should stick with uBo (ABP has still some work to do to arrive at the same level)

I tested in FF / chrome, no issue for me.
Are you using some finnish list ?
peace2000
Finnish List Author
Finnish List Author

Post by peace2000 »

No I'm not using them together I have usually used ABP but sometimes I have needed Ubo's element picking function so I have disabled and enabled them in turns.

I have liked ABP more because of it's interface in general but of course if Ubo is clearly more advanced I move to that.

All right maybe those image ads are loaded due to regional reasons(?) hard to say then.

There was a known finnish list I used too but it's developer started being political and blocked some sites due to political reasons. He got lots of criticism and then he quit his list completely. However his list could be found on the internet and seems that someone has forked it and removed all the political stuff. You actually linked that forked list to me on another thread earlier. I was aware of it and I'll monitor it's development and see if the new developer is serious about it. :) If so I will subscribe for it some day.

But no, I don't use anything else finnish except my own list https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/1yb ... s.txt?dl=0.
peace2000
Finnish List Author
Finnish List Author

Post by peace2000 »

Update here also.

That image ad blocking rule is bad as intense pointed out: viewtopic.php?p=143224#p143224

Instead of that, this rule should be used (works ABP also):

||damoh.katsomo.fi/*$image,domain=mtvuutiset.fi
Moved from Report unblocked content to EasyList Finland on Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:53 pm by LanikSJ