youtube.com

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
tehol

Post by tehol »

blast. I tried these out and they didn't achieve the goal I desire. They did what I was trying to do (thank you!) but it seems that what I was trying to do was wrong. The sound for the pre-video ad would still play, I just wouldn't see the picture. I also wouldn't see the picture for the actual video. I was able to find a long pre-video ad. Even when I blocked the entire "ytd-app" (which removed almost all content from the page), the sound for the ad continued. I suppose this means the ad sound is coming from a different source. I am having difficulty finding that source... It's my guess that the ad is coming from one of the various scripts on the page. If this is the case, is AdBlock perhaps not able to block the ad?
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

You cannot block objects using hiding filters.

What if you'd try uBo (ublock origin) and see if fixes your issues ?
tehol

Post by tehol »

Thanks! I've not seen an ad since replacing AdBlock with ublock origin. I will return here if I notice this stops working.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

Just don't use 2 adblockers: keep uBo and remove any other adblocker.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

tehol wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:49 pmI've not seen an ad since replacing AdBlock with ublock origin.
Just to know where your problem comes from...
Do you have the same issue if you test using a portable version of browser + AdBlock?
•► Read RULES / Use forum Search
••► Don't post clickable links
•••►Upload screenshots at imgbb.com
MPA2000
Site Member
Site Member

Post by MPA2000 »

I searched but didn't see anything on here that asked this question. It is crazy because there is still stuff playing, but the cards at the end of videos covering them up!

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvWOvfuFFIQ
See the example at 8:23
 ! Message from: smed79
Merged - forumsearch
moarell

Post by moarell »

try these filters

youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-covering-overlay
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-shadow
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-covering-image
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-expanding-image
Pluto is a Planet

Post by Pluto is a Planet »

I'm trying to remove an element in the main logo from www.youtube.com. Recently I noticed that the logo changed to display "ADBLITZ" as part of an animation and if you hover your mouse over it then it takes you to a specific YouTube channel that only provides a link to another website full of ads (instead of taking you to the YouTube homepage). This infuriates me and so I decided to write my first AdBlock Plus filter. I have extensive CSS background.

I thought I could just select the element in order to create the filter, and upon investigating it looks like there's two separate clickable regions (one on the actual YouTube "play" icon and one on the Adblitz icon). So I'd like to remove the second region since that's the only part that doesn't link me to the homepage. Here's the filter that I came up with:

youtube.com##ytd-topbar-logo-renderer map.ytd-yoodle-renderer area:not([href="/"])
That didn't work. I also tried these and they didn't work:

youtube.com##area.ytd-yoodle-renderer:not([href="/"])
youtube.com##area.ytd-yoodle-renderer[alt="Cheer for your favorite Super Bowl videos"]
However if I manually remove elements in the JavaScript console using those same selectors, it does work:

document.querySelectorAll('ytd-topbar-logo-renderer map.ytd-yoodle-renderer area:not([href="/"])')[0].remove();
So I looked through some documentation and saw that everything to do with CSS filters only talks about hiding elements instead of removing elements. So my question is, is it even possible to remove HTML elements? Hiding this won't work because an "area" element seems to be invisible anyways. Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
 ! Message from: Lanik
Merged forumsearch
madada

Post by madada »

Hello,

I use a Nokia 5 Android phone, with Android 7.1.2 and the January 2018 security patch. I use the Samsung Internet Browser (also available to non-Samsung devices via the Play Store) in combination with the Adblock Plus for Samsung Internet app that integrates in the browser. In the Adblock Plus for Samsung Internet app, Acceptable ads are turned off. Advertisements in gerenal are being blocked.
However, yesterday I noticed advertisements in both youtube.com and hotmail.com/outlook.com (I believe both these URLs redirect to some kind of live.com domain from Microsoft). After installing Firefox for Android on my phone and turning on the add-on Ublock Origin from there, I noticed that these ads were gone. Upon further investigation I have found out that the Adguard Mobile Ads filter:

https://filters.adtidy.org/extension/chromium/filters/11.txt
which is turned on by default in Ublock Origin, is the filter that blocks the respective advertisements. Installing the Adguard for Samsung Internet app and turning on the mobile ads filter from there I could also block the advertisements in my main Samsung web browser.

Could you please reverse engineer how Adguard is able to block the mobile ads and than add the same filters to EasyList?

Thanks in advance.
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

[mention]madada[/mention] probably you should report directly at ABP guys:
https://issues.adblockplus.org
Isamir

Post by Isamir »

is there a filter to block recommended/trending/etc in the homepage? (I use UBO)
intense
Contributor
Contributor

Post by intense »

for recommended add

(ublock origin)

youtube.com###dismissable:has-text(Recommended)
(adblock plus)

youtube.com#?##dismissable:-abp-contains(Recommended)
jacki

Post by jacki »

Youtube's TV popup that appears below videos is not blocked. Here is It's attribute information

<paper-dialog role="dialog" tabindex="-1" class="style-scope ytd-popup-container" style="position: fixed; top: auto; left: 0px; bottom: 0px; margin: 16px; z-index: 2202; box-sizing: border-box; max-height: 191px; max-width: 1117px;">
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

@jacki Does this help you?

youtube.com##.ytd-popup-container
If not, post an example link and screenshot of want to hide/block.
jacki

Post by jacki »

smed79 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:35 pm If not, post an example link and screenshot of want to hide/block.
Here is a photo showing the issue.
https://s14.postimg.org/4j9zevb2p/add.png
HeromanXProductions

Post by HeromanXProductions »

Hi. Ever since Youtube has a new layout and stuff, I am quite unhappy with it. AdBlock Plus won't block video suggestions, watch related, or what to watch next and now I can't switch back to old youtube now.

Does anyone have updated filters for the stuff that I mentioned so I won't be bothered by Youtube's watch related, video suggestions and what to watch next at the end of a video? Any help would be grand.
moarell

Post by moarell »

have you tried the filters I posted on Jan 25 2018? Also I agree it's annoying they removed the function to switch to the old layout. You can still force it by adding ?disable_polymer=1 to the end of the url though. I just use a tampermonkey script to have the old layout.
a123

Post by a123 »

ads on youtube mobile, ff60 (responsive samsung s5) + ubo

https://i.imgur.com/isIOcTv.gifv
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

jacki

Post by jacki »

Youtube TV advertisement is not blocked.
Here is the html that needs to be blocked and here is a photo showing the youtube tv advertisement.

<ytd-mealbar-promo-renderer class="mealbar-poup style-scope ytd-popup-container">​
http://i.imgur.com/Hv5Pt00.png
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

test this filter

tv.youtube.com##ytd-mealbar-promo-renderer
If does not work, provide a test account to [email protected]
jacki

Post by jacki »

What is a test account? I will test the provided filter.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

jacki wrote:What is a test account?
YouTube TV require a subscription. No?
jacki

Post by jacki »

The popup is a youtube tv advertisement trying to get users to Buy youtube tv.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

jacki wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:47 pmThe popup is a youtube tv advertisement trying to get users to Buy youtube tv.
So it's a self promo.
jacki

Post by jacki »

smed79 wrote:So it's a self promo.
It is, but it's very annoying, it covers the bottom left comments when scrolling until you close the popup.
smed79
Liste AR/FR Author
Liste AR/FR Author

Post by smed79 »

Anywhy, you forget the most important. You do not say if the suggested filter works for you.
jacki

Post by jacki »

smed79 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:28 am Anywhy, you forget the most important. You do not say if the suggested filter works for you.
The youtube tv popup does not always appear, so I will test it for a day or more and see if that fixes the issue.
jacki

Post by jacki »

jacki wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:30 am the suggested filter works for you?
That filter did not fix the bug, it is still appearing.
This may be the correct html code that causes it to appear.

https://bpaste.net/raw/36f8585fc616
GamOfCatAndOfMouse
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post by GamOfCatAndOfMouse »

After one month without ad on YouTube mobile version, the big video ad in first place in homepage is back. It's very difficult to block because, like Facebook, Google change the code to bypass the adblockers. I see ads bypass my adblocker in google search on mobile, it's very annoying so I changed for another and better search engine for private data and without ads. YouTube and Google is same society.