Blocking good/relevant ads [?]

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.

Moderator: EasyList Authors

toddynho

Blocking good/relevant ads [?]

Post by toddynho » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:30 am

What about good ads that are on the EasyList USA version? For example... I own a website and I sell ads as month to month subscriptions on my website. And, instead of hard-coding the ads, I sell them through a marketplace where I am able to deny/approve ads at my leisure. The ads are relevant to my site and my users, shouldn't situations like this NOT be part of the EasyList USA subscription?

rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:17 pm

What about good ads that are on the EasyList USA version?
Good ads? I'm not sure what that means.

If you have users, simply ask them to whitelist your site. Most users will easily comply.

I do not normally target smaller, first-party ads. I usually leave that up to users. But if you are a part of a larger service, this may be a different case.
There is also the possibly that you just got caught up in a generic blocking rule. If you are just doing it for yourself and your site is small ... this would probably be the case.

Care to divulge an address for the site in question? And please understand, this IS an adblocker.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"

toddynho

Post by toddynho » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:53 am

Of course, I definitely understand that this is an ad blocker ;) I just thought that it would be more targeted towards crappy ad sites like AdSense/AdBrite/and all of that contextual junk.

The site I'm talking about is s3.buysellads.com and it's in your EasyList USA subscription. The ads are always spot on and manually approved by publishers. It's really not much different than publishers selling ads direct which often times do not get blocked. I was hoping that users would have the ability to decide whether or not they want to see these ads on a site by site basis like they normally do when publishers like ours put ads on their site instead of putting the entire network on the list. 99 times out of 100 the ads sold through our network aren't junk. If you check out any of the sites in our directory you'll see what I mean: http://buysellads.com/buy/

Thanks for your time. Cheers,

- Todd