Ad element filters for runescape.com [n/a]

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
ins3

Ad element filters for runescape.com [n/a]

Post by ins3 »

EasyList hides the ads but EasyElement doesn't currently collapse containers on runescape.com, leaving big ugly empty spaces. Here are two rules that cover the entire site:

Code: Select all

runescape.com#iframe(name=Advert)
runescape.com#div(adframe)
I propose these be added to the official list :)
Gnintendo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gnintendo »

Could you please link to a page where you see these unblocked frames, I'm not seeing anything.

Are you sure you have an updated easylist/easyelement/tracking filter?
ins3

Post by ins3 »

I have the latest EasyElement+EasyList filter (http://easylist.adblockplus.org/easyele ... sylist.txt) with Rick752 / Cedric's Tracking Filter (http://easylist.adblockplus.org/abp-tracking-filter.txt).

Without my extra rules the site looks like this:

Image Image

Note the huge blank spaces, this is present on every page of the site. With my filters it looks so much better:

Image Image

You can check this for yourself. Considering this is a very popular site I think it should be added to EasyElement. Thanks.
Gnintendo
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gnintendo »

Install the easylist and easyelement filters separately.

That should fix everything except the blank space on the news page where the words wrapped around, which can be collapsed with this:

news.runescape.com#DIV(class=adframe)
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

I don't know if you are using a current copy of the EasyList, but the string:

.com/banner$subdocument
... should already remove that space. Mine looks the same as your screenshot.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
ins3

Post by ins3 »

rick752 wrote:I don't know if you are using a current copy of the EasyList
My subscriptions are set to update automatically but I forced an update just now, both succeeded. Browser is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1, Adblock Plus version 0.7.5.5. Could it be what Gnintendo said about using uncombined lists? If so I would consider it a bug. Anyway my filters can be made generic without the domain ("adframe", "Advert") so I don't see the harm in adding them.

Also I'd like to say big thanks to you rick752 for making this all happen! The first thing I do on all my friends and families computers is install firefox then apb ;)