noscript.net [user]

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
Alan Baxter
Contributor
Contributor

noscript.net [user]

Post by Alan Baxter »

Edit: OK. I tested this time on a clean profile with only Adblock Plus and the following problem went away. Crap. I've got 43 extensions. Which one is causing the problem?

"Ads by Google" cruft left behind, even though the ads themselves are blocked. Using EasyList/Element and ABP Tracking Filter. JavaScript globally allowed by NoScript for testing.
--
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.7) Gecko/20070914 Firefox/2.0.0.7
Adblock Plus 0.7.5.2
Alan Baxter
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Alan Baxter »

Now the problem is occurring on the clean test profile too. I changed the settings on my clean profile test: uncheck Show tabs on flash and Java, turned off toolbar icon, turned on status bar icon. Reloaded current page. The "Ads by Google" cruft appears. WTF? Reset settings to default: checked Show tabs on flash and Java, turned on toolbar icon, turned off status bar icon. The cruft persists. I hope you can tell me why and/or how to get rid of it.
TIA,
Alan
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

In case you didn't get my first answer before the forum restore.

If you really need to block those things on noscript, you can ... but I won't. Try:

Code: Select all

http://oss.informaction.com/
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
Alan Baxter
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Alan Baxter »

Of course I need to block those things on noscript.net. They're the kind of crud I'm used to EasyLIst/Element blocking and cleaning up on more heavily trafficked sites, so they stand out like a sore thumb on noscript.net. I don't expect you to add a filter that affects only noscript.net to EasyLIst, so I especially appreciate you helping me out. Sorry you never saw my reply to your first answer.

In your first answer you suggested

Code: Select all

http://oss.informaction.com/$subdocument
I've added that to my filters and it seems to do the job just fine. Why did you leave out $subdocument this time? Did you miss something the first time around or did you just forget to add $subdocument this time around?
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

I've been so busy here trying to catch up (twice) that I actually forgot how I wrote it. Just did a short and sweet version.

If you notice, I have answered quite a few posts tonight and tried to make sure that the forum is working correctly ..... and I'm just really tired :|

Ps: I really don't think that oss.informaction.com is actually a web server either. It may do other things besides (unknown at the moment)
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
Alan Baxter
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Alan Baxter »

Just an FYI. You don't need to bother answering this, Rick. You've been busy enough already. I hope you're getting some rest and don't see this until tomorrow at the soonest.
informaction.com is Giorgio Maone's main web site. He's the developer of NoScript. It looks like oss.informaction.com is an obsolete name for software.informaction.com, which hosts his open source software catalog at software.informaction.com/catalog