vk.com

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
Lain_13 Verified
RU AdList Author
RU AdList Author

vk.com

Post by Lain_13 Verified »

It's well known social network VKontakte.
Since recently they added "!important" hack into their ads to force them to display in Chrome browser.

Simple solution is to add this filter:
vk.com###left_ads *
Lain_13 Verified
RU AdList Author
RU AdList Author

Post by Lain_13 Verified »

Also it could be a good idea to investigate possibility to remove these two exceptions:
@@||vk.com/ads?act=$~third-party
@@||vk.com/ads_rotate.php$domain=vk.com
StSav012

Post by StSav012 »

Lain_13 wrote:Also it could be a good idea to investigate possibility to remove these two exceptions:

Code: Select all

@@||vk.com/ads?act=$~third-party
@@||vk.com/ads_rotate.php$domain=vk.com
This would break pages loading. They somehow don't display a new page (you know, they don't just direct you to a new page but show it on a separate level above the current one; that allows to go back easily). They actually load it but don't show. I've tried several months ago. If you want to try, add

Code: Select all

||vk.com/ads?act=$~third-party
||vk.com/ads_rotate.php$domain=vk.com
to your rules and see the results. Just note, that it doesn't break the site completely, but in some cases, so you'll have to use it and test it for a while. Certainly, it's fully possible that they've changed their policy about it, but I don't believe they have.
This forum presents so many interesting sites! I'd never discover them by myself.