Firefox has lost its way?

Discussion of Firefox browser and its add-ons.
Sheepy
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Firefox has lost its way?

Post by Sheepy »

I read from /. a Firefox 2 review that says the phoenix is sick or pass its peak.

I feel the same even before I read the post, though I'd rather believe it's only a temporary issue.

http://neosmart.net/blog/archives/294

What do you think?
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

I have to disagree with that. The complaints they have, seemed very nit picky to me. The theme? First time startup page? come on. Big deal.

The couple of things I agree with, is a problem for beginners is the not excepting 3rd party cookie setting that is now missing from Firefox's options menu. That NEEDS to be fixed. IMHO

I also think there is some bugs that need fixing instead of worrying so much about NEW features. Let's use extensions for now and fix the bugs first. Like the copy paste thing they mentioned.

Lost it's way I think is overstating it by a long shot. Work still needs to be done?? Heck yea! I agree to that. But lost their way..not just yet.

Something I notice about people is they are fast to say wow check out this new thing. But then as this new thing gets popular they are fast to start to attack it. MS use to be loved. If anyone can still remember that. Google is starting to get attacked more and more. My favorite NFL team Dallas Cowboys.. you pretty much love them or hate them. Mostly because they are one of the most popular teams. "America's team" really ticks people off. That's a nick name they was given years ago. If it's to big or popular people love to hate them. Don't really understand why.
Sheepy
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Sheepy »

Yes I remember the days when MS was loved. And I still don't hate it.
But while I appreciate their dedication in enhancing Windows and Office, while maintaining backward compatibility, I loathe their willingness to keep IE 6 alive and unchanged, making this once beloved standard supporting cutting edge browser a living nightmare. It'll take a long time for me to forgive & forget this treason.

For Firefox 2, while I don't have any specific complains about minor details here or there, I just feel that it has lost its way instead of heading the same direction as the innovating bird and dinosaur (and even the little bug before them) I used to know and love.

I don't know... it's just a feeling.
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

I sure hope you are wrong.
Sheepy
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Sheepy »

Me too.

And even if I'm not wrong, I'm still optimistic that it's only temporary. :D