Weave

Discussion of Firefox browser and its add-ons.
Chachazz
Site Member
Site Member

Weave

Post by Chachazz »

Hi rick, lanik & all:

Is it possible that Weave could encounter interference from ABP & filter lists.

There was an upgrade yesterday and then Weave just hung and failed repeatedly.

Perhaps just a coincidence, however, after manualy updating the filter lists (EL, EE, Tracking)
Weave started working perfectly.

I noticed that another member on the Weave forum mentioned ABP seeming to block Weave funtionality.

(There's another Weave update today...will go get it.)
Chachazz
Site Member
Site Member

Post by Chachazz »

Anyways, have added these exceptions for Weave
@@|https://services.mozilla.com/
@@|*weave*

[edit]
I had forgotten about these; had a big Windows crash and had to reinstall everything.

they may be there in the lists; didn't see them.

the 0.2.4 update is working beautifully.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Hi Chachazz ... fancy seeing you here :D

I don't know anything about Weave except that it integrates different stuff in Firefox. You would be the first to mention it having a problem with ABP that I know of.

On a similar note, I changed the ftp protocol that I use to upload my filtering to the server 2 days ago, and something corrupted the Tracking Filter during transfer testing. ABP gave "not a valid filter" messages in the Tracking Filter. A user just told me about it about an hour ago and I fixed it.

Outside of that, I have no idea. I saw that someone in the Weave Forum said that they could see nothing that would block it. I wouldn't think that subscriptions would affect another plugin.

If there is a problem, you might want to bring this topic over to the ABP Forum .... Wladimir could give you a much better answer than I could. Hope you find the problem. Sorry I can't help :-(
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
chewey
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by chewey »

As far is I understand, Weave doesn't go through the content policies - so there's no way ABP can interfere.
Chachazz
Site Member
Site Member

Post by Chachazz »

Hi ya Rick: :mrgreen:
Okay, thought it's worth an inquiry; Weave is in early development, yet the last 2 updates included phenomenal progress and it's working very well.

Thanks for the info chewey :? good news.

(ps: I do look in here now and then; you do such a stellar job with the filters there's never a need to say much....Thank you!!!)