Forum quieting down as subscriptions grow!

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Forum quieting down as subscriptions grow!

Post by rick752 »

I've been seeing a noticeable slowdown in this (and the adblock plus) forum as the EasyList subscription rate continues to grow even larger at about 10% a month.

To me, this is very good news .... it is a sign that things are running smoothly!

I think that all the hard work done by Wladimir, myself, the 'regulars' here that always keep me on my toes (I can't thank you guys enough), and the multitude of users who just stop in to point out an error or omission has made for a wonderful combined effort by all. I think now we are all seeing the fruits of all the hard work over the last year or so.

Thanks to Wladimir, I think that ABP is now running like a fine tuned engine (I can't wait for the next release .... love that devel version). He has done a masterful job at streamlining the inner workings of ABP to the point that the complaints about the program have become more in the way of context requests than bugs. The processing speed of larger filter lists was just as he predicted that it would be ... minimal at best!

There have been only a few sporadic changes that I have had to make to the Easy'Twins' lately .... but nothing serious. This is great! I think my procedure for removing, logging the false-positive info, and then re-finding the original blocking reason has worked fantastic .... because if you remove a string, you (or someone else) will always point you back to it so you can compare it to the fp string and then fix it so it works again without the fp.

This is one great project! Number one on AMO ... what more could you ask for?

btw: My unconfirmed calculations for February seems to suggest I am serving around 1 MILLION EASYLIST SUBSCRIPTIONS. I will have to watch March's numbers to confirm this before I write it in 24pt text somewhere here :D

One again, thanx to all involved 8)
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
Sheepy
Emeritus Contributor
Emeritus Contributor

Post by Sheepy »

Wa! 1,000,000 subscriptions~ (bouncing in circle)
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Sheepy wrote:Wa! 1,000,000 subscriptions~ (bouncing in circle)
I won't confirm that number until sometime this month, Sheepy ... but it is VERY close, if now there already :D
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

As of March ... over one million steady subscribers to EasyList. :D :D :D

... and the forums have picked up quite a bit.
rbsterli

Post by rbsterli »

rick752 wrote:
... and the forums have picked up quite a bit.
And thanks to that new whamalamma gigibit NIC and switch we can post reply quicker! :wink:

--- well at least I can transfer files quicker :D
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rick752 »

Cool Rich 8) :D