Adblock Plus officially renounces the use of Filterset.G

General information, announcements and questions about the EasyList subscriptions.
rick752
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Adblock Plus officially renounces the use of Filterset.G

Post by rick752 »

"Sorry Filterset.G but it is time for you to go"

23Nov2006
This is now an "on the record" announcement from Adblock Plus author, Wladimir Palant:
http://adblockplus.org/blog/sorry-filte ... -you-to-go

"Why?" he feels this way is here:
http://adblockplus.org/en/faq_project#filterset.g

(On a personal note, I have the utmost respect and admiration for what G had accomplished to this point .... and that was making Adblock more user-friendly to the average user. The Mozilla community owes G a world of thanx for donating his time to this project so others could enjoy surfing without annoying ads. So thanx G)
Last edited by rick752 on Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it"
IceDogg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by IceDogg »

I feel that same. I really appreciate what G done! He did awesome work! But as my understand goes, he got married and had more responsibility at work and therefor less time for the filterset. Can't blame him for having a life. But likewise I don't think he would blame us for moving to a filterset that works better for us. He's a great guy but he has a life too.

On that note Rick you are never allowed to have a life!!! Just kidding. :D
XPM

Post by XPM »

Someone ought to note this in the Wikipedia entries for Filterset.G and Adblock.
XPM

Post by XPM »

Whoops, that should have been Filterset.G and Adblock. :oops:
Kryten42

Post by Kryten42 »

I couldn't agree more!

Filterset.G was very useful originally. So I'd like to extend my warmest thanks to G also!

I hope that whatever he is doing now, that he has a happy and healthy life. He was a real pioneer in a sense, and we need more people like him.

And thanks to you all for taking up the cause. :)

Great work!

Cheers!
K42.