Creating Adblocker Notices

Discussion of topics related to ad blocking.
gotitbro
Postaholic
Postaholic

Creating Adblocker Notices

Post by gotitbro »

Many websites show different types of notices to adblocker users informing them about how it impacts them. Some simply mock the users and block access, others simply notify.

All of them do this in different ways like with attention grabbing graphics and notices, complex technical words which all visitors might not understand like whitelist, filter lists etc. (even Google dissuades websites from using these words).

From what I have experienced all the graphic intensive, attention grabbing tactics for these notices leads me to simply ignore them. The best ones for me seem to be simple and to the point notices that reflect both the users and the website's need like this notice for example:

It's simple short and gets the point across. No need to add images or unneeded graphics. For websites with a more modern UI a message like this one shown by GOOGLE is a good choice as well:

The adblock notices shouldn't be jarring or popping up in faces of users that's the reason an adblocker was installed in the first place.