youtube.com

Here you should report unblocked ads, trackers, social media items, annoyances or leftovers from blocked content.
Noraneko

Post by Noraneko »

Last few days youtube is showing overlay ads again. Example: https://imgur.com/3nzuhEF
Mozilla's tools helped to find html code for "Another video" ad:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

<div class="ytp-ce-element ytp-ce-video ytp-ce-element-show ytp-ce-top-right-quad ytp-ce-size-1920" tabindex="0" aria-label="Video &quot;Little Big - Uno - Russia 🇷🇺 - Official Music Video - Eurovision 2020&quot;" data-layer="4" style="width: 294px; height: 165px; left: 1079.61px; top: 152px;">
    <div class="ytp-ce-element-shadow"></div>
    <div class="ytp-ce-covering-image" style="background-image: url(&quot;https://i.ytimg.com/vi_webp/L_dWvTCdDQ4/maxresdefault.webp&quot;);"></div>
    <div class="ytp-ce-covering-shadow-top"></div>
    <a class="ytp-ce-covering-overlay" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_dWvTCdDQ4" tabindex="-1">
        <div class="ytp-ce-video-title yt-ui-ellipsis yt-ui-ellipsis-2" dir="ltr">Little Big - Uno - Russia 🇷🇺 - Official Music Video - Eurovision 2020</div>
        <div class="ytp-ce-video-duration">3:14</div>
    </a>
</div>
So I added the following filters into "My filters" options section:
Spoiler

youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-video
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-top-right-quad
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-size-1920
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-shadow
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-covering-image
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-covering-shadow-top
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-covering-overlay
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-video-title
youtube.com##.yt-ui-ellipsis
youtube.com##.yt-ui-ellipsis-2
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-video-duration
It worked and also helped against subscribe button. I think it is due the button has some similar <div> elements though it has a lot other ones. Just in case I added the following filters:
Spoiler

youtube.com##.ytp-ce-channel
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-channel-this
youtube.com##.ytp-ce-top-left-quad
But maybe I overdid it a bit.
Mozilla, RuAdList+EasyList, Bitblock, CSS & JS fixes
Atting73

Post by Atting73 »

I started getting these new interstitial ads on youtube.
Paul451

Post by Paul451 »

As with Atting73, I'm seeing YouTube's video ads before play starts. Sometimes an empty frame, as in the image above, sometimes with actual ads loading.
Yaron
Site Member
Site Member

Post by Yaron »

I'm also intermittently getting the "Skip Ad" message.
Another new one is "Group Ads?".
favorite
Site Member
Site Member

Post by favorite »

I also get ads on youtube.
Previously, it was just an empty frame with a "skip" button, now the ad is played completely.
Yaron
Site Member
Site Member

Post by Yaron »

I use Firefox with uBlock Origin.

Adding the following rule to My Filters has solved the problem.

youtube.com##+js(json-prune, playerResponse.adPlacements playerResponse.playerAds adPlacements playerAds)
The filter is taken from the uBlock Filters.
So alternatively, you can tick that list and you wouldn't have to add it that rule to My Filters.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

If you're on Adblock Plus, and see youtube pre-roll ads.

Manually add the following lines (click on ABP, cog menu, Advanced Tab, Add to My Filter List):

youtube.com,youtube-nocookie.com#$#json-prune playerResponse.adPlacements
youtube.com,youtube-nocookie.com#$#json-prune playerResponse.playerAds
youtube.com,youtube-nocookie.com#$#json-prune adPlacements
youtube.com,youtube-nocookie.com#$#json-prune playerAds
youtube.com,youtube-nocookie.com#$#override-property-read playerResponse.adPlacements undefined 
youtube.com,youtube-nocookie.com#$#override-property-read ytInitialPlayerResponse.adPlacements undefined
Once added, refresh the youtube page. Let me know if this helps with the preroll youtube ads, thanks

# edit, also force a update of lists. Advanced, force update of lists (still keep the above filters).
favorite
Site Member
Site Member

Post by favorite »

fanboy wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:01 am Let me know if this helps with the preroll youtube ads
Didn't help me.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

@favorite Have updated the above code, re-test again? (clear youtube cookies first)
favorite
Site Member
Site Member

Post by favorite »

fanboy wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:09 pm @favorite Have updated the above code, re-test again? (clear youtube cookies first)
Ads are not played in incognito/private mode.
In main version, I deleted all youtube cookies - ads still play before start of the video.
favorite
Site Member
Site Member

Post by favorite »

favorite wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:36 pm
fanboy wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:09 pm @favorite Have updated the above code, re-test again? (clear youtube cookies first)
Ads are not played in incognito/private mode.
In main version, I deleted all youtube cookies - ads still play before start of the video.
upd. if you log into your youtube account in incognito/private mode, the ad before the video is still played.
Yaron
Site Member
Site Member

Post by Yaron »

Any idea how to block the new "Sign In" request which appears on many YouTube videos if you're not signed in?

Firefox + uBO.

Thank you.
capalac

Post by capalac »

@Yaron:

www.youtube.com###dialog
seems to do the trick.
Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/c ... ent_popup/
Yaron
Site Member
Site Member

Post by Yaron »

@capalac,

Thanks for replying.

There are three types of prompts.
See https://github.com/yourduskquibbles/web ... -686712091.
shulk-skywalker
Site Member
Site Member

Post by shulk-skywalker »

As we know many people are running into the infamous blank ad screen, and are frustrated by this situation. I was surprised to see this, because I thought in was encountered only when your signed in, but I wasn't. Im guessing this is a A&b testing that YouTube is testing right now, it happened in march, and its happening now.

You can encounter this ads regardless if your signed in or not. So being signed in does not factor into the blank ads showing up.

The video and I found this on other videos spawnwave and a celldweller has made.

encountered on chrome Version 86.0.4240.183

ublock origin version 1.30.6

Update: They have shown up with the adguard filter on, we need to wait a little longer for this to be resolved. And as of late a domain has shown called google syndication. Its an ad domain that has shown up on google when I typed in a certain pizza place, but here its on YouTube.

Im not sure if they have to do with the ads showing up, but its a guess. I really hope this gets resolved soon.

I found the name of it when I element blocked it with ublock origin

www.youtube.com##.ytp-ad-action-interstitial
shulk-skywalker
Site Member
Site Member

Post by shulk-skywalker »

I wish I could of shorten the length of this post. It one for awhile. And I apologize if they might have sounded harsh.
eekek

Post by eekek »

Maybe this work?!
https://github.com/uBlockOrigin/uBlock- ... -720611068

youtube.com##+js(set, ytInitialPlayerResponse.auxiliaryUi.messageRenderers.upsellDialogRenderer.isVisible, false)
youtube.com##+js(set, ytInitialData.overlay.upsellDialogRenderer.isVisible, false)
youtube.com##+js(set, ytInitialData.topbar.desktopTopbarRenderer.interstitial.consentBumpRenderer.forceConsent, false)
youtube.com##+js(json-prune, [].playerResponse.auxiliaryUi.messageRenderers.upsellDialogRenderer)
youtube.com##+js(json-prune, [].response.topbar.desktopTopbarRenderer.interstitial.consentBumpRenderer)
there is an issue:
https://github.com/AdguardTeam/AdguardF ... db950bacc2
Last edited by eekek on Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batokusanagi
Site Member
Site Member

Post by Batokusanagi »

Not to open another Yt thread. Recently, on playlists when a new video is about to start playing the entire page reloads. This only seems to happen with ublock on.
Batokusanagi
Site Member
Site Member

Post by Batokusanagi »

Update: pinpointed the issue to an Easylist upadate. Updated the list on another computer where the issue wasn't happening and it immediately started ocurring.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

The most recent, current change in Easylist: https://github.com/easylist/easylist/co ... 2645b08e39

Which currently helps stopping the prerolls. @Batokusanagi
Batokusanagi
Site Member
Site Member

Post by Batokusanagi »

fanboy wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:42 am The most recent, current change in Easylist: https://github.com/easylist/easylist/co ... 2645b08e39

Well, I don't see prerolls at least, but as it is I've had to disable Easylist for playlists to work properly.
Logius95

Post by Logius95 »

hi,
my problem is with opera gx browser. Basically every single ad blocker, from the one integrated to every other single one installable, doesn't function on youtube at the start of every video. Everything is ok with the ads in the middle of the video since they don't pop up, but every video i click i have to watch all the beginning ads everytime, sometimes even unskippable, and the adblock does nothing even though is active and says is blocking the ads. I encountered this problem in the last week or so, and it's sooooooo frustrating (i tried the same adblockers on other browsers like chrome and firefox and there's no issue there, they block everything as they should do). Please help me and fix it, i'm losing it.

fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Would take it up with your browser, it should be resolved in ABP, uBO and Brave.
carewolf

Post by carewolf »

fanboy wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:42 am The most recent, current change in Easylist: https://github.com/easylist/easylist/co ... 2645b08e39

Seems around this time I started seeing prerolls with falkon and easylist, odd.
carewolf

Post by carewolf »

Any suggestions for what I could try to add to my manual filter to try to get the prerolls to disappear?

Looking through the dev-tools, nothing sticks out, the preroll ad videos seems to have similar naming convension as the content video, and I don't see anything else.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

Which browser do you use @carewolf
carewolf

Post by carewolf »

fanboy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:27 am Which browser do you use @carewolf
Falkon. Which uses QtWebEngine as a backend.

I am starting to suspect google might be doing some partial rollout of a change. Since the issue came about 4-5 days ago, and doesn't seem to hit firefox, it might be limited to non-chrome chromium derivatives.
fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

If you don't like youtube ads, switching browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Brave) will be the only option. Basic network blocking won't be enough to stop youtube ads unfortantly @carewolf
carewolf

Post by carewolf »

fanboy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:47 pm If you don't like youtube ads, switching browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Brave) will be the only option. Basic network blocking won't be enough to stop youtube ads unfortantly @carewolf
What has changed 4 days ago to cause that?

As far as I can see the rules list still only use rules that the browser supports. It is lacking snippet and extended CSS filters, but those do not appear to be used on youtube?