ethyca.com

This is where you should report issues arising from the subscription filters.
steve_ethyca

ethyca.com

Post by steve_ethyca »

Hello,

The following is found on the EasyPrivacy list

Code: Select all

||ethyca.com^$third-party

Ethyca is the steward of the first (maybe only?) open-source data privacy platform, Fides and some of our users recently brought this to our attention. I would like to have it removed as it is impacting users being able to effectively allow their users to control their data privacy choices.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions to help sort this out - thank you!

fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

cillian

Post by cillian »

Hey fine folks of the EasyList.

We've belatedly been responding on the closed conversation on Github here: https://github.com/easylist/easylist/pull/16881
We understand the concern over tracking and so shared all the source and logic for our design there for you to review, in addition we wanted to note, the only reason for tracking is intended to meet the legal requirement that privacy laws like the GDPR have for ensuring a business records consent for each user pseudonymously.

Can you help us figure this out would we meet in the middle and do as proposed by Neville from our team here https://github.com/easylist/easylist/pu ... 1776132473 and move to other lists? Our customers can't meet their legal obligations without recording consent and the total domain block is preventing our consent management tools from working - which we think is the opposite of what you likely want us to do as it prevent us from collecting a users consent.

Feedback welcome here or on Github, thanks.

cillian

Post by cillian »

Hey @fanboy little Friday morning nudge here -- let me know if there's a good way to discuss this with you?
We can even setup a technical call or chat if helpful?

fanboy
EasyList Author
EasyList Author

Post by fanboy »

We're fine leaving it.